LED Tail Lights

Bob

Mar 10, 2014, 6:49:37 PM3/10/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
I see we are all hibernating for summer!
I had an inquiry to join the group but so far no response to my email request for more details.
My old tail-light assemblies had been occasionally giving me problems through rusted lamp fittings and so I have been on the lookout for a suitable replacement.
Thanks to Braxton Car Lights at 325 Brougham St; Christchurch - 0800 225 483 - bry...@begroup.co.nz. I was able to source a pair for under $350. I had to make up a backing plate for each unit and discard the old rubber as they are slightly smaller in length but otherwise they fit quite well.
If someone would like the old ones the lenses are still good.
Regards
Bob.

bojE-tail-lights.jpg
BojE-Tail-lights-004.jpg
BojE-Tail-lights-005.jpg
BojE-Tail-lights-006.jpg

Neil the Boss

Mar 10, 2014, 7:38:38 PM3/10/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,
They look real good...........mine are getting a bit tatty and I was wondering what to do with them, Those look great........only mine are vertical not horizontal like yours .................I wonder if they could be adapted?

Neil
OKYDOK

N L Doak
ZL4OKY
NZMCA 39332

Bob

Mar 12, 2014, 9:38:51 PM3/12/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neil,

If the size is OK you could mount them vertically with the indicators on the outside I suspect.
I have got another 2 sets of new 20mm x 260mm Hella separate indicators that I was originally going to fit but didn't use that could be used vertically. (see photos) They don't include a reversing light, only yellow turn indicator and a combined park & stop light. At the time I fitted a separate small reversing spot light above the rear number plate. They cost me $50 each if you are interested in them.
Regards
Bob.
Extra-LED-Tail-lights-002.jpg
Extra-LED-Tail-lights-001.jpg