Circuit breakers

Patsy McMillan

Nov 2, 2014, 9:26:50 PM11/2/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone
Ok, can someone tell me please if you can use a circuit breaker plug to plug into a house. We have the camper lead for the generator (pic) and want to know if we buy one of those circuit breakers you can get at Mitre 10 we will be able to plug into granddaughter's house next weekend? Cant see the point of paying over $100 if we can do it this way. thanks

ssda...@xtra.co.nz

Nov 3, 2014, 2:31:25 AM11/3/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
Patsy we use one of those circuit breakers to plug in at our sons house. no problem .

We also have a query that some of you may be able to help with.

We hadn’t used our camper since February but last weekend when we did we had a tricky fridge. It went fine but the sparker  that ignites the gas continued to click even though the gas was burning and fridge was going fine .
Its a dometic model 2355 approx 6 years old.
Any suggestions from you technical people out there ?

cheers Sue

Patsy

Nov 3, 2014, 1:43:17 PM11/3/14
On Mon, 3 Nov 2014 20:31:40 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>Patsy we use one of those circuit breakers to plug in at our sons house. no problem .

thanks Sue thats great.
Sorry cant help with the fridge problem hope you can find a fix
cheers
Patsy

Bryan & Jenny

Nov 3, 2014, 3:52:10 PM11/3/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.

We also have a DometicRM 2355 fridge and I have found the instruction booklet online.
I have attached it here. I have no ideas on the technical side but perhaps the manual will help.

OOps, file too large I have been told so here it the address to download your own. Sorry.

Bob Johnston

Nov 3, 2014, 3:59:55 PM11/3/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com

Hi Patsy,
I made up a similar lead to use when not in campsites to easily plug it into a standard house plug socket.
You will have circuit breaker over current  protection on the distribution board in the van and on the house circuit . If you wish you can buy a RCD lead from Mitre 10 for added personal protection but where do you stop paying to address fears and employ common sense?
Bob

Patsy

Nov 3, 2014, 4:23:32 PM11/3/14
On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 09:59:54 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi Patsy,
>I made up a similar lead to use when not in campsites to easily plug it
>into a standard house plug socket.
>You will have circuit breaker over current protection on the distribution
>board in the van and on the house circuit . If you wish you can buy a RCD
>lead from Mitre 10 for added personal protection but where do you stop
>paying to address fears and employ common sense?

Hi Bob, thanks for the input but electricity is the one thing hubby
knows very little about so probably for $20 a circuit breaker will
make him feel ok lol
cheers
Patsy

ssda...@xtra.co.nz

Nov 5, 2014, 6:56:42 PM11/5/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou Jenny,
we have the fridge manual but it doesn’t go into problems ,it just has wiring /installation details.

If it still constantly tries to start when its going this weekend we will get a technician to check it out.

regards Sue