meeting Bob and Jan

Patsy McMillan

Dec 30, 2013, 8:32:33 PM12/30/13
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Well that was great, travelling home from Christchurch and called in at Amberley to dump some bottles and there was a camper just like ours.
Of course we stopped and introduced ourselves.  It was Bob and Jan (Bob being the original starter of this group) It was really great to put a face to a name and we did the tour of his camper for ideas.   I really like the chrome rail under the side cupboards so that will be happening as soon as we can source some chrome railing!!
It was great to chat and we really should try and get together somewhere,.  How many of us could make it to Parnassus maybe at some time for a weekend maybe??
Really enjoyed the chat Bob and Jan and hope to catch up again.   If you are going past Waikari then call in we are at 34a Princes St.
cheers

gt...@xtra.co.nz

Dec 31, 2013, 12:22:38 AM12/31/13
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patsy,

All the Best for 2014 to you and other group members also.

We are in Christchurch area once a year, usually September/October(term 3) school holidays.

It would be great to met face to face other Isuzu camper owners and compare campers for ideas etc.

We live in Riverton, 44 Havelock St if anyone is passing and wants a hot drink or to hook into power for the night there is plenty of space in the driveway and we are dog friendly.

Cheers Tracy & Garry Sargeant

Sent from Windows Mail

Message has been deleted

Patsy McMillan

Jan 25, 2014, 5:29:25 PM1/25/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday, 26 January 2014 10:59:01 UTC+13, Bob wrote:

Hi Bob back in the computer world I see. Hope you had great holidays.
Happy New Year to you and Jan
cheers
Patsy

Bob

Jan 25, 2014, 5:39:15 PM1/25/14
to isuzu-rodeo-moto...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patsy,

Yes we made it to Murchison initially staying with friends at the Kiwi Campground and spending a day at Lake Rotoiti and St Arnaud. With the river running fast and rain, as I was after a trout we headed back over Arthurs and down to Lake Opuha north of near Farlie and then back to Lake Camp, Emma, and Clearwater in the Harper Range on the Rangitata. We got through to Erewhon station this time after finding the road washed out back in Labour weekend.We love the country up this valley and Bojangles was in her element on the gravel roads.

It was great to catch up and put a face to a name in person and I like your idea of a get together. With everyone spread around it may be easier just to publicise where we are heading at any one time so we can cross paths, and maybe have one planned weekend per year somewhere for everyone to head to if they wish.

Maybe we'll remember to check the site out more often if we know where others are heading and we can post out intentions to keep an eye out for one another. Not that I usually know exactly where we will be at any one time, but next trip I'll post details of our intentions and see what turns up.
I'll add a few photo's for interest.

All the best,
Bob.

On Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:59:01 AM UTC+13, Bob wrote:
167-Mt-Somers-track-sign.jpg
066-St-Arnuard-Lake-Rotoiti.jpg
076-Lake-Brunner.jpg
077-Bojangles Arthurs Pass.jpg