Developper doc - Development planning

Lechémia Théo

Aug 1, 2022, 7:14:08 AM8/1/22
to istSOS
Hello,

My name is Théo Lechemia, I'm web developer and data scientist at the Ecrins National Park.
Firstable thanks for the development of IstSOS and for the quality of the documentation  and ressources ! We are currently testing the tool in the Ecrins National Park and it fit perfectly to our needs.
As we have an experience in opensource software development, we would be glad to contribute to the it.
Is there a documentation for a developper installation ? Or the Docker way is the good one ?
Do you have a "good practice" document for contributing or something like that ?

Best regard,

Théo

massimiliano cannata

Aug 4, 2022, 9:36:25 AM8/4/22
to ist...@googlegroups.com
Hi Théo,
welcome to istSOS and glad to hear from you that you're wiling to contribute to the project.

Take a look at: http://istsos.org/en/latest/doc/#developers-docs for details on the software architecture.

There's no setted rules for contribution, in general github best practices are used: fork, modify, merge request.

The repo is composed by the core library and then a number of side addons / projects....

Feel free to start and communicate what you're starting to implement just to update the community.

Currently in development we use the docker-compose mounting the local folder with the Python code... we'll push soon a docker-compose.dev ;-)

Best,
Maxi

Massimiliano Cannata

Responsabile settore Geomatica

Istituto scienze della Terra

Campus Mendrisio, Via Flora Ruchat-Roncati 15

CH – 6850 Mendrisio

Tel. +41 (0)58 666 62 14

Fax +41 (0)58 666 62 09

massimilia...@supsi.ch

www.supsi.ch/ist

Lechémia Théo

Aug 8, 2022, 4:28:56 AM8/8/22
to istSOS
Hi,
Thanks for your response.

Ok, I didn't see the other side projects, and the IstSOS3 repositories !
Do you still maintain IstSOS2 or the road map is to develop on the version 3 ?  I admit the version 2 is a bit tricky to get in (without framework on python side and with ExtJS)...
I just started a little development to make a user interface for import data, based on the the existing API. I started it with technologies I'm confortable with (Flask and a little of JS in Vue). But I see some Tornado and React on the version 3, so maybe it would be more logical to use these techno..
But before going further, maybe you have something planed on this subject (a "data import" interface) ?

Best,

Théo