Procedure acronyms

Francesco Di Nezio

Apr 29, 2023, 2:04:46 AM4/29/23
to istSOS
Hi there,

I am collecting air raditaion data from a sensor located in the Piora Valley (CH) and am trying to understand what the acronyms for the procedure I want to use mean. Specifically, I am referring to R_N_PIO, R_DSW_PIO, R_RSW_PIO etc...I guesss I am in the short wave radiation range but I'd like to be sure about what these acronyms mean.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Best,

Francesco Di Nezio

massimiliano cannata

Apr 29, 2023, 2:16:13 AM4/29/23
to ist...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francesco,
In istSOS the name of a procedure is just its name. Often, for shake of semplicity people use names that are meaningful for them.
What service URL are you referring to?

You should send a "describe sensor" request and see the associate observed properties that should indicate the properties the sensor is registering.

If you have access to the web interface you can find it in several places, for example in the viewer, when you add a sensor for plotting it shows the observedProperties...
Eventually also only selecting the station from the map...

Btw, which istSOS URL are you looking at?

Best,
Maxi

Francesco Di Nezio

Apr 29, 2023, 2:58:23 AM4/29/23
to ist...@googlegroups.com
Dear Massimiliano,

I am relatively new to the service but I will try to explain what I have been doing.
I log in with the SUPSI credentials. Under "Data Management" I select sos as "Service", temporary as "Offering" then I go for R_N_PIO, R_DSW_PIO and R_RSW_PIO in "Procedure", and that brings me to the sensor I am interested in. I then click "Add" and get my data for the dates I selected.

I just want to know what R_N_PIO, R_DSW_PIO etc. mean

I don't know anything else.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

Best,