How I met my wife, Urmila Devi Dasi

Pratyatosa

Oct 5, 2013, 3:53:36 PM10/5/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mother Nori Prabhu, since my wife is now an ISKCON/Facebook "biggie," I'm thinking that others might also be interested in how Lord Sri Krishna arranged for us to meet. I hope you don't mind. (My reply is in large type below.)

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Nori Muster wrote:
That's a wonderful story about how you and Urmilla got together.
You two have a special bond. I admire that.
[this is just a side note to you, not the whole group]

Thanks. My wife says that it's from a previous life.

She was planning the whole school year of 1972-73 to join ISKCON after she turned 18 in May, but when summer vacation started, she fell into maya (back into some of her old "hanging around the house" type of habits). What snapped her out of it was the bulk mailing that I myself sent out: invitations to the installation of ISKCON Chicago's beautiful Kishore Kishori deities in June! Is that ironic or what?

She was on the list because she had visited ISKCON Chicago (Evanston) a few months earlier when I was still in Los Angeles, and she had signed the temple's guestbook! I'm not the one who typed the names/addresses into the semi-automated bulk mailing system (each individual name/address typed onto the middle of a plain (unprinted and unpunched) IBM punch card sized card) that I had set up, so I didn't know who exactly was on that list.

So, soon after she got the invitation that I had unknowingly sent to her, she flew to O'Hare airport just in time for the Deity's installation, and the rest is history! :-)

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa

On Oct 4, 2013, at 9:19 AM, Pratyatosa wrote:

Dear Bhakta Wakta Prabhu, thank you for giving me the opportunity to clear up some misconceptions that not only you have, but that others may have also. (My humble attempts at replying to your various accusations are in large type below.)

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 1:52:01 PM UTC-4, Bhakta Wakta wrote:
"Your strong desire to serve me is very beautiful; your serving me means serving Krishna. I am also your servant so I cannot accept your service from you, or from any of my disciples. I accept service from my disciples on behalf of Krishna. Just like a tax collector must collect for the treasury, not for himself. If he himself touches so much as a farthing it would be unlawful. So I have no right to accept service from any disciple, but on behalf of Krishna I can accept. Sincere service to the Spiritual Master is service to the Supreme Lord. As stated in the prayer, "Prasadad Bhagavat Prasadad''. That means because Krishna accepts service through the via media of Spiritual Master, therefore pleasing the Spiritual Master is equal to pleasing the Supreme Lord."
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, Founder-Acarya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Letter to: Upendra -- Los Angeles 13 February, 1968

Did Srila Prabhupada have a different mood from Pratyatosa Prabhu. Pratya says he felt Krishna gave him a reward to enjoy, one would assume. A young, rich wife, as a result for all his service. While Prabhupada said "I cannot accept any service from you" "I have NO RIGHT to accept service" "but on behalf of Krishna I can accept." Seems different to me. One is in the mood of enjoying and the other in a mood of service.

My reward was that I got a wife who was/is very enthusiastic about preaching Krishna consciousness and performing devotional service, a wife who gave me good, healthy, intelligent devotee children, etc., etc.

Pratya says so many devotees were envious of him before and after Prabhupada left. Prabhupada's use of the word envy is in the old English vernacular, envy goes both ways. So when Pratya married Urmila was he relishing her as some prize he had stolen from ISKCON and now had for himself, and when he saw that others did not like it he became envious of them and wanted to put them down? "Oh, they are just envious of me because they wanted to marry her for themselves, and they are still envious now.". Or is Pratyatosa equiposed? I wonder if he were so equipoised who then made the arrangements for him to marry such a "new" devotee? Was it arranged by the temple, or did he manage to "acquire" her on his own? New devotees are supposed to be left alone for a while in that regard, not hit on by someone who wants her wealth and beauty all for himself. Of course someone would probably marry her sooner or later so why not you? Just don't be so proud of the fact. What do you get, a monetary settlement from her each month as long as you two are legally married?

My only income is $628/mo. Social Security plus $100/mo. that my youngest son sends me as a token of his appreciation for having raised him. This is more than enough to support my relatively austere life style here in Hancock, Michigan, USA.

In 1973, I requested the TP to try to arrange for me to marry Bhaktin Edey. I asked him to do that before I knew that she was from a rich/famous family. It was "love at first sight" when I first saw her in the new ISKCON Chicago (Evanston) temple room on the auspicious installation day of the incredibly beautiful Sri Sri Kishore Kishori deities.

As I later found out, the TP had eyes on her himself as his 2nd wife, so he was dragging his feet. Finally, out of desperation, I asked the TP's wife to approach her on the subject. His wife was motivated, because she didn't want her husband to have a competing wife, so she was able to talk my future wife into checking me out. I was informed of this event by the TP, and he made the arrangements for us to associate on a trial basis with the idea of possibly getting married.

Some time later, my newly initiated wife, Urmila Devi Dasi, told me that it was a complete surprise to her when the TP's wife told her that I, the 2nd initiated temple treasurer, was interested in marrying her. She had no idea that I was the least bit interested in her in that way!

Nori wants me to reveal myself on here like everybody else. I wrote and told her why I can't. Outside of here of course because you won't print my posts. But as far as trolling goes who were the ones who first accused me of being a big big nonsense and a child molestor, or whatever it was you said to me Pratya. If that wasn't designed to evoke a response and disrupt things I don't know why you said those things. Do you really think you can tell if someone is a child molestor who hasn't said a thing about it here at all? Do you really think if someone doesn't agree with the GBC's decisions all the time, which means practically everybody inside and outside of ISKCON has at one point or another, and at the same time they don't believe a ritvik is something meant to initiate people on behalf of Srila Prabhupada making him the only guru for the next ten thousand years, something practically  no one in all of Hindustan believes in except for the "ritviks", is an offender because you can't understand how someone else can have a different understanding than you?

Your posts show me how immature and foolish you are, nothing else. Then you are PROUD you are the MODERATOR of such a website? If Urmila wasn't footing your bills, you wouldn't have a second to be on here, no doubt. You have no idea of my financial situation either. Neither do you understand any of the other speculations you made about me since you haven't got a clue who I am. I will finish off with this, your wife's one point you mentioned that you and she disagreed with is there are more advanced devotees than you out there. Wasn't it you who said ritviks don't have to be on the level of gurus, or was that someone else? I don't remember where I read that in here exactly or how it was put but it shows ritviks don't think anyone can even be a basic guru, someone who follows the regulative principles and chants. So yeah there are a lot of devotees who do that and apparently they are more advanced than you. Or do you suddenly claim you are "advanced". What is the definition of advanced anyway? Compared to a person who doesn't follow, a person who does is more advanced. So when Urmila told you there were some very advanced devotees in ISKCON you tried to preach to her and tell her no? No wonder she shut you out. I would have done the same thing. When someone blasphemes the devotees one should leave that place immediately. I'm glad she hasn't spoken to you since, you deserve it. I guess Krishna is punishing now for being so offensive.

If you post this I promise to reveal who I am in three days.

hee hee

OK. We're going to hold you to that promise! :-)

I didn't accuse you of being a child molester. I said, "for all we know." That is the disadvantage of "hiding behind a cowardly cloak of anonymity." How can we know for sure that you're not?

Ritvik is a name given to us by the ISKCON ritvik-bashers. We wear it as a badge of honor. The label simply refers to anyone who accepts Srila Prabhupada's July 9, 1977 directive to mean exactly what it clearly says: "ritvik henceforward" (paraphrased).

Ritviks are not pretending to be artificially spiritually advanced, like the ISKCON "gurus" are. If you want to associate with pretenders who are disobeying Srila Prabhupada's July 9th order, that's your business, but it doesn't seem to be having a very positive effect on you.

My wife is free to communicate with me at any time. It's her idea to not communicate except in the case of family emergencies, not mine. She thinks that it will make it easier for both of us to be renounced vanaprasthas. Maybe she is right. I'm not sure.

In any case, I accept it as Krishna's mercy because I get to be a little more like my divine master, Srila Prabhupada, when he took vanaprastha: "Leave home, live alone in a small apartment, and don't look back!"

Ys, Ptd

Nori Muster

Oct 5, 2013, 4:38:50 PM10/5/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! Go ahead and post.
:-)

Pratyatosa

Oct 15, 2013, 3:53:47 PM10/15/13
On Saturday, October 5, 2013 3:53:36 PM UTC-4, Pratyatosa wrote:
As I later found out, the TP had eyes on her himself as his 2nd wife, so he was dragging his feet. Finally, out of desperation, I asked the TP's wife to approach her on the subject. His wife was motivated, because she didn't want her husband to have a competing wife, so she was able to talk my future wife into checking me out. I was informed of this event by the TP, and he made the arrangements for us to associate on a trial basis with the idea of possibly getting married.

I just thought of something. After my wife was pregnant with our first child, the ISKCON Chicago TP arranged that she and I would share an apartment with him and his wife ("to save money")! Did he think that if he and my wife were living together in the same apartment, that she would realize what a great devotee he is, and leave me for him?

Anyway, I could sense his unhealthy attachment for her, and I didn't like it, so my wife and I moved to ISKCON NY (Brooklyn) right after the birth of our son. As a result, the TP lost his 2nd biggest book distributor and his temple treasurer! He replaced me with a black bodied "devotee" who stole a huge bank deposit and was never heard from again!

This same TP did end up taking on a 2nd wife, but his1st wife freaked out, so that didn't last very long! :-)

Then the TP was removed from his position by the GBC, probably mainly for being so stupid as to make a black man his treasurer! As far as I know, no ISKCON TP in America has ever done such a thing before or since.

After Srila Prabhupada left our personal association, this same TP left ISKCON to join the unchaste disciples who were trying to take shelter of Narayan Maharaj, who offensively promised to make his followers more spiritually advanced than was possible under Srila Prabhupada's "inferior" guruship!

Ys, Ptd

Mellanie L Nagel

Oct 15, 2013, 10:48:04 PM10/15/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
On 10/15/13 11:53 PM, Pratyatosa wrote:
> TP was removed from his position by the GBC, probably mainly for being
> so stupid as to make a black man his treasurer
In common language, this is called an ignorant racist statement, without
any facts. For the record, there have been numberless financial
scandals provided by very 'white' ISKCON men.

Pratyatosa

Oct 16, 2013, 12:09:35 AM10/16/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Room conversation, June 17, 1976:

Prabhupada: And addicted people, they, they're after the.... Get money some way or other. Beg, borrow or steal. So these black men especially, they are expert. They are not expert in begging, but borrowing and stealing.

Maybe you should look for a guru who is "politically correct?" :-)

Mellanie L Nagel

Oct 16, 2013, 12:13:46 AM10/16/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
On 10/16/13 9:39 AM, Pratyatosa wrote:

> Maybe you should look for a guru who is "politically correct?" :-)
I have no need for another guru. SP was more then "politically" correct.

Pratyatosa

Oct 17, 2013, 9:28:28 AM10/17/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mother Malati Prabhu.

When I said that it was a stupid mistake for a temple president to make a black man his temple treasurer, according to you it's "an ignorant racist statement," but when Srila Prabhupada says that black men are expert at stealing, it's "more than politically correct." It seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.

Someone who fits today's definition of "politically correct," is simply living in an unrealistic dreamworld. To say that Srila Prabhupada is "politically correct," by today's standard is, at best, telling an untruth, and is, at worst, being offensive to Prabhupada.

Ys, Ptd

Patrick Hedemark

Oct 18, 2013, 12:51:13 AM10/18/13
pratyatosa prabhu, no disrespect BUT your comment was IMHO a bit of a baiting. really not important. everyone but a pure devotee is to one degree or another a thief. i'm sure you agree. Mother Malati is merely pointing out how such a statement is viewed by most people. I saw no dispute from her at all over similar sounding comments from Srila Prabhpada. I am sure she does not imagine in her wildest dreams that srila prabhpada was affected by political opinion. but srila prabhupada always exercised discrimination when discussing the complexities of human interaction. 99.9% of the so-called controversial comments he expressed - on subjects of all kinds - were expressed in conversations that were not public at all.so you are employing a simple straw man argument - "don't dare imply that srila prabhupada was guilty of political correctness" - when she did no such thing.

Incidentally - while sudras of all races (black, white,etc) are driven to "petty Theft" - no race on earth can match the "GRAND THEFT" of the Caucasian Race - comprised principally of the Kazar - Anglo-Saxon and Gallic races.

Especially the Kazar race. Their entire moral code is based upon theft and slaughter of every other segment of human society.
This is a fact. It was also discussed to some degree by Srila Prabhupada. BUT stating that is merely pointing out an aspect of this material world. Like distinguishing one beast from another in the proverbial food chain. One group are naturally predators,another always and only prey.

But they are all beasts.

So in human society - all are thieves. Some big thieves. Others little ones.

No black man has ever - nor will they ever control the issuance of a European nation's currency - and this "power" is the root of the most massive and "systemized" GRAND THEFT - in the history of the Kali Yuga.Its tentacles encircle the entire globe. Even the Black Leaders of Africa - ostensibly in charge of their local central banks - are quietly organized by the BIS in Swtzerland, the IMF and the World Bank. The entire system is nothing less than systemized plunder by a specific group of Caucasian demons.

Praghosa

Pratyatosa

Oct 18, 2013, 1:00:55 AM10/18/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Dear Praghosa Prabhu, you obviously know more about world history than I, but one point is that when the warrior class defeats an enemy, they are authorized by God to keep the spoils of war for themselves and for their loyal subjects. It is not, by any civilized God-conscious society, considered stealing.

Ys, Ptd

rammohan das

Oct 18, 2013, 5:13:59 AM10/18/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
@Praghosa: Especially the Kazar race.

Dear Prabhus,
PAMHO - all glories to Srila Prabhupada

Last thing what is required now is to have the Prabhupadanuga process associated with neo-nazi/anti-Semites toilet. Already things are getting out of hand - everywhere headlines like, "Swami Prabhupada: Founder Of Hare Krishna Movement, And A Virulent Racist, Anti-Semite". (Business Standard)

All this originated from former PADA ally - BIF. This guy turns out to be a real demon who does nothing but all day offending Prabhupada. So far nobody reacted.

Prabhupada: But if one is sattva-guna, then he cannot tolerate. Immediately obnoxious: "Oh, such a nasty condition." So I am very sorry there was no reaction in such nasty toilet room. And you are getting sacred thread, the quality of brahmana, sattva-guna. It is very regrettable. Nobody reacted. (Mayapur, March 4, 1976)

Spirit Soul

Oct 18, 2013, 3:19:49 PM10/18/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
"All this originated from former PADA ally - BIF. This guy turns out to be a real demon who does nothing but all day offending Prabhupada. So far nobody reacted."

BIF, Sakshi Gopal das Blaspheme Lord Krishna, Srila Prabhupada, Bhagavad-gita

BY: A GROUP OF SRILA PRABHUPADA DISCIPLES AND FOLLOWERS

Patrick Hedemark

Oct 18, 2013, 10:01:34 PM10/18/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com

BIF stands for what again? The link you gave is a 3 year old article. Who has heard a peep from this knucklehead since then? He is of no importance. Srila Prabhupada never spoke less than absolute truth. But only a soul seeking that exclusively could or can understand that. All the things one could do with his time - and he elects to pass it trying to find discrepency with Guru and Krsna? Very bizzare karma!

------------------------------
On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 3:19 PM EDT Spirit Soul wrote:

>"All this originated from former PADA ally - BIF. This guy turns out to be
>a real demon who does nothing but all day offending Prabhupada. So far
>nobody reacted."
>
>BIF, Sakshi Gopal das Blaspheme Lord Krishna, Srila Prabhupada,
>Bhagavad-gita<http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/11-11/editorials7996.htm>
>
>BY: A GROUP OF SRILA PRABHUPADA DISCIPLES AND FOLLOWERS
><http://www.harekrsna.com/sun/editorials/11-11/editorials7996.htm>

Mario Pineda

Oct 19, 2013, 2:52:09 AM10/19/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
Hare Krishna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!! This Sakshi Gopal dasa came to my house due to "my" efforts to jump start the poison investigation.  From the start he was thinking of the material benefit he may get from doing the investigating service. He was very excited and would tell me about the most great karma we will get for doing this service. I am sure he was SO disappointed for not getting the material profit he wanted. So now, he is trying to get "good karma" or gross material profit from the mad gross materialists.

He with pride told some of us, how he once took over $30,000.00 in jewels from an older lady doing paintings "sankirtan." He said that he convinced her to give all that for a few $12.00 paintings and with gusto told the story. Of course he then gave the money to one of the false gurus of ISKCON. I could not believe that he would tell such a horrible criminal story, as if it was a wonderful thing!

Sakshi Gopal dasa told me that his mother left him as a child of around 5 and lived in Calcutta as a street pick pocket. With pride, he told me how he would look and figured who had a larger rupee note and where and then would take it and run!

He joined the poison investigation because of material gain and tried to convince all that he could arrange for Bengali thugs to kidnap a particular suspect in the poison investigation and make him confess under fear of death. He would video the whole thing. He had a whole criminal plot with actors, blood and lethal weapons to "solve" the the poison investigation!!

I took the stand that Srila Prabhupada deserved the best attorneys, best pro investigators and the best forensic labs in the world and not a huge crime to solve a crime. I also said that if I knew he was actually carrying out such criminal plot, I will contact the Indian authorities about it.

So this is to be expected of a guy that was born with very bad karma and criminal genes on top of that. With no parents as a child etc. It is not so easy to counter such heavy material conditioning.

Sakshi Gopal dasa will only continue to increase his suffering karma to the highest degree, now that he has become a huge Srila Prabhupada aparadhi. Poor guy!

Mahatma dasa

Spirit Soul

Oct 19, 2013, 3:09:05 AM10/19/13
to istag...@googlegroups.com
The link you gave is a 3 year old article. Who has heard a peep from this knucklehead since then? He is of no importance.

Don't know how you counted 3 years when even two does not pass yet? Anyway, i agree - he is not important at all, but even worse example is ex Prabhupada disciple, Mr. Henry Jolicoeur (ex Hanuman Goswami). He is still active --- http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmeditation/videos