My relationship with my wife, Urmila Devi Dasi

Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP)

Mar 16, 2010, 11:23:07 PM3/16/10
to ameyatma das [ACBSP], istag...@googlegroups.com, Vaisnav...@yahoogroups.com
Dear Ameyatma Prabhu, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thank you very much for your heartfelt appreciation of my wife's email to me. If she has read it, I'm sure that she feels very much enlivened and encouraged by your ambrosial words. A real devotee can see that a spirit soul in a woman's body is just as dear to Krishna and to Srila Prabhupada as a spirit soul in a man's body. Lord Sri Krishna and Srila Prabhupada do not discriminate based upon such temporary things as the sex of the material body that we happen to be "driving around in" during our current extremely temporary life in this material world.

However, I might have given you the wrong impression. My wife and I do not normally communicate like this. It was an emergency situation. We are trying to be renounced vanaprasthas, so it's not unusual for us to not communicate for several months at a time. We only communicate when it's been mutually agreed upon beforehand or in the case of a family emergency, such as Madhusudani Radha dd (the owner of Chakra.org) trying to blackmail me into not preaching against divorce by her threatening to reveal "family secrets."

By the way, our next mutually agreed upon communication is not until July of 2014, after my 70th birthday!

Your servant, Pratyatosa Dasa (http://causelessmercy.com/ http://rtvik.com/ http://pratyatosa.com/ http://feedacow.com/ http://llbest.com/)

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 4:14 PM, ameyatma das [ACBSP] <amey...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is for Mataji Urmila dd

Please accept my humble obeisances.  All glories to His Divine Grace, AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad.

Mataji,  I hope you are able to forgive your husband for his sending your private letter to him to others, against your wishes.   It was bold of him to do so.    But, mataji,  your letter is Golden,   as you say, you revealed your heart to him...    And, what it revealed was a Heart of Pure Gold, surrounded by the gems of your children.   It was very bold of Pratyatosh to have done such a thing even after you asked him not to,    but, i thank him for doing so.   What you wrote is not just for his benefit,   but, it reveals to us a mataji who is worthy of our honor and respect.  Dandabat's to your feet, mataji.

Aspiring to become your most humble and worthy servant,   ameyatma das,   servant of Sri Krishna-Ameyatma

On 3/14/2010 9:36 AM, Pratyatosa Dasa (ACBSP) wrote:
I asked her permission before I posted it. She replied:

"I would greatly prefer not. It was a personal letter where I revealed my heart. I had not even included the children as receivers."

... so I hope that she's not too upset with me for posting it against her wishes.

If someone quotes the letter out of context or distorts it in some way, then that's their bad karma, not mine, right? My humble request is that the letter be quoted in it's entirety or not at all.

Here is part of my reply (the first paragraph is between me, my wife and our 3 children):