GBC Eulogy for Ukrainian devotees?... By. Tapahpunja Das ACBSP

BhaktaRobin

Feb 27, 2022, 4:49:15 PM2/27/22
to Prabhupadanuga
https://www.bitchute.com/video/k3iXA9F3MxNP/

GBC Eulogy for Ukrainian devotees?... By. Tapahpunja Das Hare Krishna Prabhus, This morning I listened to Naranjana Swami’s and especially Devamrta Swami’s speeches about the situation in Ukraine (see YouTube link below), I was torn between appreciation for their KC analysis but furious over the fact that the city dwelling Ukranian devotees are basically trapped. Devamrta’s Swami’s talk in particular sounded like a funeral eulogy. “It’s been great knowing you, thanks for the twenty years of rocking kirtans, big pandal programs, fabulous prasadam and great times….but good luck and above all chant and be happy! " Is there something missing here? Yes, conspicuous by its absence is any reference to rural KC communities where one could find food and shelter from the storm. Do the Ukranian devotees have any farms of any significance? Are those farms capable of absorbing those fleeing the conflict? If the answer is “NO,” then WHY after 20 years of Ukrainian congregational growth are there no meaningful rural developments? Where is the rural infrastructure of housing and abundant food production and capable of addressing an emergency? Don’t expect an answer on this from ISKCON INC. What you’ll hear instead is official radio silence, or the voices of philosophical resignation to accept the situation as “The will of the Lord.” “Well Prabhus, what can we say? Just huddle together in the city temples and chant the Holy Names? . Good spiritual advice in any circumstance, but this is not leadership, This is proof of what happens when the second half of Srila Prabhupada’s mission—farm community development—has been deliberately ignored and neglected by flat-footed leadership. What we should be hearing out of he mouths of ISKCON leadership is sober reflection on how unprepared we are to handle any crises. What’s happening in the Ukraine—coming to a neighborhood near you—is the fruit of ISKCON Inc’s centralized institutional control, precisely what Srila Prabhupada warned against when he said, “Do not centralize anything…or, everything will be spoiled.” No farms, no shelter, no food…no independence. This is a wake up call, highlighting what happens when the other varnas—especially Kshatriyas—are not part of the conversation. When a spiritual organization has lost its revolutionary edge, when it’s preoccupied with looking “normal,” its spokespersons sound mediocre, irrelevant and “churchy,” …….just like the pastors, ministers, rabbis and feckless spiritual authorities we all ran away from to find shelter at Srila Prabhupada’s lotus feet. Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada, Tapahpunja Das Small Farm Training Center https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPu5klzjikM

Harinam Dasa

Mar 1, 2022, 12:56:44 PM3/1/22
to Prabhupadanuga

DO NOT LISTEN TO FALSE PROPHETS!