Towards ethical approach in Scientometrics – electoral program for ISSI board elections

Vaclav Linkov

Apr 14, 2023, 5:11:13 PM4/14/23
to ISSI listserv

Dear colleagues,

ISSI will elect its new president and board members in coming weeks. I would like to offer myself as a candidate to the board.

My goal is to facilitate that ISSI will create a committee which will develop an ethical codex for scientometric companies. Such codex should lead companies to employ measures which would help to decrease negative effects of their databases usage by governments and institutions. I describe the reasons making me thinking that such codex is necessary here in my blog post:

https://www.linkov.eu/?p=78

If you agree with the idea, please consider me as a candidate to vote for.

All the best,

Vaclav Linkov

Assistant professor of psychology at Comenius University in Bratislava, Slovakia