Announcing the Science Studies Colloquium

Jens Peter Andersen

Oct 3, 2021, 3:15:52 PM10/3/21
to issi-s...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

Modes of collaboration and knowledge exchange have changed much over the past almost two years. We have seen conferences in our own field held online, with new opportunities for participation, but also with restrictions on the informal networking and discussion that physical conferences offer.

As a response to that, we are launching a new Science Studies Colloquium, a monthly online forum over Zoom, where an invited speaker will present their work, with ample time for discussion after. We invite our speakers to reflect on current themes in scientometrics, sociology of science, science of science and more, and even to present ongoing work, in an effort to create value for both the speaker and the audience. We hope to create an informal forum, where it is possible for PhD students, postdoctoral researchers as well as established professors to connect over a particular theme or idea for an hour.

The colloquium is free to participate in, and you are welcome to just listen or get involved in the discussion at your own preference. You are also most welcome to forward this message to e.g. doctoral students, research librarians, or other people with an interest in the study of science.

As I do not wish to spam you with monthly e-mails about this, I invite you to refer to our online programme here:

http://scientificelites.org/scistud/

As you can see, there are already several presentations lined up, with more to be added in the very near future.

There will also be announcements of each session on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ipoga

Best regards,

Jens Peter Andersen
Senior researcher (Assoc.
Prof.)
Office 1332-117

Danish Centre for Studies on Research and Research Policy
Aarhus University
Bartholins Allé 7, bldn.
1331
8000 Aarhus C
Denmark

Tel: +45 8716 5891
Mail:
j...@ps.au.dk
Skype:
ip.an...@outlook.com
person.au.dk/j...@ps.au.dk

Tel: 8716 5238
Mail:
c...@ps.au.dk
http://www.au.dk

Derrick, Gemma

Oct 3, 2021, 3:50:33 PM10/3/21
to Jens Peter Andersen, issi-s...@googlegroups.com
Such a great idea!  Can’t wait to watch it grow! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 Oct 2021, at 20:15, Jens Peter Andersen <j...@ps.au.dk> wrote:

This email originated outside the University. Check before clicking links or attachments.