Fw: Programme of EEKE2021

Fei Shu

Sep 28, 2021, 11:43:35 AM9/28/21
to sigme...@googlegroups.com, issi-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

This is the programme of EEKE2021,  the full-text conent, slides or videos can be visited at https://eeke-workshop.github.io/2021/

-----------------------------

Programme

1st Keynote: From Wikis to Knowledge Graphs: Approaches and Challenges beyond DBpedia and YAGO

Abstract: Wikipedia was among the first sources to be identified for automatic knowledge graph construction. DBpedia and YAGO, two of the most widely used public knowledge graphs, perform knowledge extraction from Wikipedia by following the "one entity per Wiki page" paradigm. Thus, the resulting graphs are naturally limited by the coverage of Wikipedia, and they inherit many biases from it. In my talk, I will introduce recent alternatives for creating knowledge graphs from Wikis, in particular DBkWik and CaLiGraph, which use different approaches for identifying entities, and I will point out several challenges that exist off the beaten path of the "one entity per Wiki page" approaches.

Dr. Heiko Paulheim is a professor for Data Science at the University of Mannheim, Germany. His research focuses on the construction and usage of large-scale knowledge graphs. He explores methods for generating those knowledge graphs from various sources (such as Wikis and other structured Web sites or parts thereof), as well as techniques for automatically refining those graphs by inferring missing knowledge or finding errors by means of heuristic inference or machine learning. Moreover, he takes a holistic view on knowledge graph construction and refinement by trying to explicate and leverage meta-knowledge on the knowledge construction process and lifecycle. From an application perspective, he analyses and explores the usage of knowledge graphs to improve the performance of different knowledge-intensive tasks. Here, he has developed methods for exploiting public knowledge graphs as background knowledge in data mining tasks, both using symbolic and subsymbolic methods, most notably RDF2vec. Heiko holds a PhD from the Technical University of Darmstadt. (http://www.heikopaulheim.com/)

2nd Keynote: Entity Summarization: Where We Are and What Lies Ahead?

Abstract: Semantic data such as knowledge graphs, describing entities with property values, are increasingly available on the Web. A large number of property values describing an entity may overload users with excessive amounts of information. One solution is to generate a summary (e.g., a small subset of key property values) for entity descriptions to satisfy users' information needs efficiently and effectively. This research topic, termed Entity Summarization, has received considerable attention in the past decade. In this talk, I will review existing methods and evaluation efforts on entity summarization. I will categorize existing methods by presenting a hierarchy of technical features that have been incorporated, including generic, domain-specific, and task-specific features. I will show various frameworks for combining multiple features to assemble a full entity summarizer, including graph-based models, grouping, re-ranking, and combinatorial optimization. I will particularly highlight some pioneering deep learning based methods. Finally, I will discuss limitations of existing methods and, based on that, I will suggest several directions for future research.

Dr. Gong Cheng is an associate professor at the Department of Computer Science and Technology, Nanjing University. He has been conducting research in Semantic Web and knowledge graphs for intelligent software systems. His research interests include semantic search, data summarization, and question answering. His research has been published at WWW, ISWC, TKDE, etc., and has received or been nominated for 5 best paper awards. He was a Posters & Demos co-chair of ISWC 2019. (http://ws.nju.edu.cn/wiki/Gong Cheng)

Sessions

The workshop will be held on Sept 30, 2021 (Beijing Time), and specific activities include keynotes, paper presentations and a poster session.

15:20-15:30 Connection setup: we will provide details
15:30-15:40 Introduction   Co-Chairs of EEKE2021 (Chengzhi Zhang, Philipp Mayr, Wei Lu, Yi Zhang)

15:40-16:40 Keynote 1: From Wikis to Knowledge Graphs: Approaches and Challenges beyond DBpedia and YAGO   Heiko Paulheim Chair: Philipp Mayr

16:40-17:30 Session 1: Entity Extraction and Application Chair: Philipp Mayr
16:40-17:00 ANEA: Automated (Named) Entity Annotation for German Domain-Specific Texts   Anastasia Zhukova, Felix Hamborg and Bela Gipp
17:00-17:15 Joint Entity and Relation Extraction from Scientific Documents: Role of Linguistic Information and Entity Types   Santosh Tokala Yaswanth Sri Sai, Prantika Chakraborty, Sudakshina Dutta, Debarshi Kumar Sanyal and Partha Pratim Das
17:15-17:30 Classification of URLs Citing Research Artifacts in Scholarly Documents based on Distributed Representations   Masaya Tsunokake and Shigeki Matsubara

17:30-18:30 Break

18:30-19:20 Session 2: Keyword Exaction and Applicaiton Chair: Yingyi Zhang
18:30-18:50 Design and Implementation of Keyphrase Extraction Engine for Chinese Scientific Literature   Liangping Ding, Zhixiong Zhang, Huan Liu and Yang Zhao
18:50-19:05 Keyword Extraction and Technology Entity Extraction for Disruptive Technology Policy Texts   Aofei Chang, Bolin Hua and Dahai Yu
19:05-19:20 Extracting Domain Entities from Scientific Papers Leveraging Author Keywords   Jiabin Peng and Guo Chen

19:20-20:20 Keynote 2: Entity Summarization: Where We Are and What Lies Ahead?   Gong Cheng Chair: Chengzhi Zhang

20:20-20:30 Break

20:30-21:20 Session 3: Knowledge Graph and Application Chair:Haihua Chen
20:30-20:50 Detecting Cross-Language Plagiarism using Open Knowledge Graphs   Johannes Stegmüller, Fabian Bauer-Marquart, Norman Meuschke, Terry Ruas, Moritz Schubotz and Bela Gipp
20:50-21:05 A PICO-based Knowledge Graph for Representing Clinical Evidence   Yongmei Bai, Huage Sun and Jian Du
21:05-21:20 A knowledge graph completion model integrating entity description and network structure   Chuanming Yu, Zhengang Zhang and Lu An

21:20-22:30 Session 4: Poster/ Greeting Notes of EEKE2021 Chair: Yi Zhang
21:20-22:20 The correlation between content novelty and scientific impact     Shiyun Wang, Jin Mao and Yaxue Ma
21:20-22:20 Automatic Generation of Research Highlights from Scientific Abstracts      Tohida Rehman, Debarshi Kumar Sanyal, Samiran Chattopadhyay, Plaban Kumar Bhowmick and Partha Pratim Das
21:20-22:20 Differential Analysis on Performance of Scientific Research Teams based on Analysis of the Popularity Evolution of Entities      Fang Tan, Tongyang Zhang and Jian Xu
21:20-22:20 Research on extraction of thesis research conclusion sentences in academic literature    Litao Lin, Dongbo Wang and Si Shen
21:20-22:20 Topic Evolution Path and Semantic Relationship Discovery Based on Patent Entity Relationship    Jinzhu Zhang and Linqi Jiang
21:20-22:20 Bureau for Rapid Annotation Tool: Collaboration can do More over Variety-oriented Annotations    Wang Zheng and Xu Shuo
22:20-22:30 Greeting Notes of EEKE2021 Co-Chairs of EEKE2021 (Chengzhi Zhang, Philipp Mayr, Wei Lu, Yi Zhang)
22:30 End of workshop

Co-Chairs of EEKE2021 (Chengzhi Zhang, Philipp Mayr, Wei Lu, Yi Zhang)