CFP: Workshops in conjunction with FRCCS 2024, Montpellier, France May 28, 2024

Hocine Cherifi

Apr 8, 2024, 9:07:17 AMApr 8
to issi-s...@googlegroups.com, neur...@incf.org

We encourage researchers to participate in the FRCCS 2024 workshops to share their insights and foster interdisciplinary collaborations in the study of complex systems.

Workshops

·        Modeling Cities and Regions as Complex and Evolving Systems

·        Beauty in Complexity

·        Network Sparsification & beyond

Important dates

Submission Deadline: April 14, 2024
Final Decisions Released: April 17, 2024
Camera-Ready Deadline: April 30, 2024

1)   Modeling Cities and Regions as Complex and Evolving Systems

Cities consist of interacting entities, such as people and infrastructure, and exhibit emergent properties, which appear additionally to the sum of the isolated properties. This makes cities a prime example of complex systems. Accordingly, complexity theories and methods are particularly relevant to their study.

By focusing on the commonalities that underpin urban systems, the workshop seeks to foster interdisciplinary dialogue and explore novel approaches to studying cities as complex entities.

More info at: https://iutdijon.u-bourgogne.fr/ccs-france/workshop-on-modeling-cities-and-regions-as-complex-and-evolving-systems/

Workshop chair

Daniela Cialfi - NRCouncil of Italy - daniel...@gmail.com

2)   Beauty in Complexity

The Beauty in Complexity exhibition invites researchers to share the visual wonders of their work with a wide and diverse audience. Whether it's a photograph, diagram, visualization, or montage, we encourage submissions that evoke curiosity and wonder. We seek captivating visuals showcasing the beauty found within complex systems research.

More info at: https://iutdijon.u-bourgogne.fr/ccs-france/beauty-in-complexity/

Workshop chairs

Benjamin Renoust - Median Technologies,- renoust@gmail.com
Arnaud Sallaberry - LIRMM - arnaud.s...@lirmm.fr

3)   Network Sparsification & beyond

Numerous algorithms are designed to construct simpler or smaller network representations to address scalability and performance issues. This workshop aims to bring together researchers working on the broad theme of network simplification and discuss graph reduction methods and their applications.

More info at: https://iutdijon.u-bourgogne.fr/ccs-france/complex-network-sparsification/

Workshop chairs

Hamida Seba - University Lyon 1- Hamid...@univ-lyon1.fr
Hocine Cherifi - University of Burgundy - hocine....@u-bourgogne.fr

Hocine CHERIFI
University of Burgundy Franche-Comté
Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne - ICB UMR 6303 CNRS
Editor in Chief  Plos Complex Systems
Founding & Adisory Editor Applied Network Science