Call for Papers: Linked Open Bibliographic Data for Real-time Research Assessment

Houcemeddine A. Turki

Jan 29, 2023, 2:21:15 PM1/29/23
to issi-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,
I thank you for your contributions to Research Assessment. Currently, large databases of open bibliographic metadata have been created and made available online in the age of open science. These resources are easily findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable thanks to their online hosting and their representation as RDF (Resource Description Framework) knowledge graphs, and could be easily aligned together thanks to a set of unique identifiers such as ORCID ID, Wikidata ID, and DOI. The integration of heterogeneous bibliographic data such as author information (e.g., ORCID and DBLP), citations (e.g., OpenCitations and Crossref), research findings (e.g., ORKG), and the semantic knowledge about prizes, countries, research venues, publications and institutions (e.g., Wikidata) can be useful to develop high-level interpretations for the research assessment of entities. The structured format of RDF knowledge graphs can allow the automatic generation of real-time research evaluation outputs through the use of programming tools (e.g., APIs) and query services (e.g., SPARQL) as well as the enrichment and validation of bibliographic information through the use of machine learning, logical constraints, bibliometric-enhanced information retrieval, and shape expressions.
We are currently maintaining a themed article collection in Frontiers in Research Metrics and Analytics where we are keen to include original research, opinions, and application notes about the use of linked open bibliographic data for supporting timely research evaluation. Further details are available at https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/34449/linked-open-bibliographic-data-for-real-time-research-assessment. If you are interested in contributing to our collection, please send your abstract by February 1, 2023 and your full contribution by April 1, 2023. If you need any fee waiver for publishing your research work, please reach out to me and I will be honoured to support you to freely publish your work.
Yours Sincerely,
Houcemeddine Turki, Topic Coordinator