Join the AI for the Research Ecosystem, an AI UK Fringe Workshop - 22 March - London

aas...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2024, 7:28:05 AMFeb 23
to ISSI listserv

Dear all,

With some colleagues, I am organising the “AI for the Research Ecosystem”, an AI UK Fringe 2024 Workshop. The event will take place in London at Chandler House, (2 Wakefield Street) on 22 March 2024, from 9 AM to 2 PM. Registration is free.

In this workshop, we would like to start addressing challenges concerning: how can we, actors operating in the research ecosystem, take advantage of the recent AI technologies? How do we make sure that these AI technologies are designed and employed in a responsible and ethical manner? And, how do we make these technologies accessible to anyone? We think that this workshop can be of your interest and we hope you can join us.

Website: https://ai4re.github.io/

Aim:

AI is rapidly evolving and significantly impacting the entire research ecosystem. The most recent technologies, such as deep learning and large language models, are poised to transform every aspect of the research process. These include study design, conducting literature reviews, code design, data collection and analysis, dissemination, peer review, and research assessment. The half-day “AI for the Research Ecosystem” (AI4RE) workshop will provide insights from expert speakers at each stage of the research process and will include broad-ranging presentations from a comprehensive range of stakeholders including researchers, research institutions, policy makers and funders, and commercial entities. We already have confirmed speakers like Prof. David De Roure (University of Oxford), Prof. Mike Thelwall (University of Sheffield), Dr. Phil Gooch (Scholarcy), Dr. Francesco Osborne (The Open University), Simon Porter (Overleaf/Digital Science) and more to come.

Expected outcomes:

  • Identifying opportunities and challenges for responsible, ethical and sustainable use of AI in the research process

  • Building a community of engaged stakeholders who will influence and drive progress in this area.

  • Facilitating closer collaborations between key stakeholders involved in the entire research lifecycle to accelerate progress.

Additional details:

The program will include two sessions of presentation and a panel in which we will discuss the challenges highlighted above.

We look forward to meeting you in London.

Best regards,

Petr Knoth, Aldo Lipani, David Pride, Angelo Salatino

Organisers of AI4RE @ AI UK Fringe 2024