[CfP] First Shared Task on Automatic Minuting at Interspeech 2021

Tirthankar Ghosal

May 8, 2021, 12:08:58 AM5/8/21
to Tirthankar Ghosal

***First Shared Task on Automatic Minuting***

***AutoMin @ Interspeech 2021***

When most of our interactions went virtual, the need for automatic support for the smooth running of the online events such as project meetings became more intense. Summarizing meeting contents is one of them. We propose AutoMin, the First Shared Task on Automatic Minuting of meeting proceedings. With this shared task, we would invite the speech and natural language processing community to investigate the challenges of automatic minuting with real meeting data in two different settings: technical project meetings (both in English and Czech) and parliamentary proceedings (English). AutoMin is an ISCA-sponsored Interspeech 2021 satellite event. AutoMin 2021 will be a full-virtual event.

***Website***

https://elitr.github.io/automatic-minuting/

***Tasks***

We propose one main task and two subsidiary tasks. The subsidiary tasks are optional.

  • Main Task A: The main task consists of automatically creating minutes from multiparty meeting transcripts. The generated minute would be evaluated both via automatic and manual metrics.

  • Task B: Given a pair of meeting transcripts and minutes, the task is to identify whether the minutes belong to the transcript. During our data preparation from meetings on similar topics, we found that this task could be challenging given the similarity in various named entities.

  • Task C: Given a pair of minutes, the task is to identify whether the two minutes belong to the same or different meetings. This sub-task is important as we want to uncover how minutes created by two different persons for the same meeting may differ in content and coverage.

***Registration***

All participants should register using the following link:

https://forms.office.com/r/Vz0qUDEpy1

***Data Usage Form***

https://github.com/ELITR/automin-2021

Please send the signed data usage form to Tirthankar Ghosal at <gho...@ufal.mff.cuni.cz> along with your Github id/email id to get access to the training data(mandatory)

***Important Dates***

Registration and CfP

May 08, 2021

Training and Dev Set Data Available

May 15, 2021

Test Data Available

June 15, 2021

System Run and Report Submission

July 15, 2021

Result Announcement

  August 15, 2021

Camera Ready Submission

August 25, 2021

Event Date

September 4, 2021

Invited Paper submission to Information Journal

TBA

***Publication***

All teams are required to submit a brief technical report describing their method. Please submit using the Interspeech 2021 paper template (https://www.interspeech2021.org/author-resources). All reports must be a minimum of 2 pages and a maximum of 4 pages excluding references. Reports must be written in English. The proceedings will be hosted at the ISCA archive.

Selected authors would be additionally invited to submit a full paper to a special issue of the Information Journal by MDPI (https://www.mdpi.com/journal/information).

***Organizers***

Tirthankar Ghosal, UFAL, Charles University, Czech Republic

Muskaan Singh, UFAL, Charles University, Czech Republic

Anja Nedoluzhko, UFAL, Charles University, Czech Republic

Ondřej Bojar, UFAL, Charles University, Czech Republic

***Contact***

Tirthankar Ghosal at <gho...@ufal.mff.cuni.cz>

Tirthankar Ghosal

Researcher, EU 2020 ELITR

Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics

Charles University, Prague