Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Wolfgang Glänzel

não lida,
27 de set. de 2022, 08:54:2027/09/2022
para sigme...@googlegroups.com, issi-s...@googlegroups.com, Wolfgang Glänzel

Dear Colleague,

We were deeply distressed by the news that Prof. Dr. Tibor Braun has passed away on 27 September. With his death, information science and scientometrics has lost one of its pioneers and best leaders. He has truly shaped a discipline and served its scientific community for five decades.

Tibor was also a prominent researcher and teacher in the field of analytical chemistry and thus he proved to be one of true and outstanding polymaths of the last century. By combining the two fields, chemistry and information science, he significantly contributed to the development of scientometrics to a research field on a scientific basis. Without this, scientometrics, as we know it today, would be unimaginable.

Tibor systematically contributed to the institutionalisation of scientometrics, by transforming an invisible college into a visible one. He launched one of the first institutes devoted to the field of scientometrics world-wide: The Information Science and Scientometrics Research Unit (ISSRU) in Budapest and he founded the international scientific journal “Scientometrics” in the late 1970s as its former Editor-in-Chief and served as Honorary Editor of the journal afterwards until present. He also conceived and launched the Derek de Solla Price Memorial Medal in the 1980s.

We had the privilege of working under Tibor’s supervision and as colleagues and co-authors for decades. We have jointly co-edited the journal Scientometrics with him over many years.

We will greatly miss an excellent teacher, colleague, and true friend.

We will publish an obituary for the next issue of Scientometrics and we are also considering to organise a memorial issue in due time to commemorate his work, life and legacy.

With warm regards,

Wolfgang Glänzel and András Schubert

Adian F Rochim

não lida,
27 de set. de 2022, 17:50:3527/09/2022
para Wolfgang Glänzel, issi-s...@googlegroups.com, sigme...@googlegroups.com
Good Bye Prof. Dr. Tibor Braun
😢😢😢

Dr. Adian Fatchur Rochim
Department of Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
Diponegoro University, Indonesia
-------------------------------------

Editor/ J Scientometric Res.

não lida,
1 de jan. de 2023, 01:18:1701/01/2023
para Adian F Rochim, Wolfgang Glänzel, issi-s...@googlegroups.com, sigme...@googlegroups.com
A legend has left us
His influence has been pervasive and
shaping the field of scientometrics ...what it is today
Thank You for your help and guidance to the research community
at large and to us at different points of time
Rest in Peace dear Prof Dr. Tibor Braun

--
​Prof.
Sujit Bhattacharya

Editor-in-ChiefJournal of Scientometric Research
[
Listed with SCOPUS,  Emerging Sources Citation Index (WoS)]
Professor AcSIR| Academy of Scientific Research & Innovation
Chief Scientist (CSIR-NISTADS)
Dr. K.S. Krishnan Marg, Pusa Campus, New Delhi-110012, INDIA
Landline: +91-11-25843024
Mobile: +91-9999020157
Emailedi...@jscires.org
Twitter: @JSCIRES http://twitter.com/JSCIRES