Attaching to tunneled port from other apps?

Derek Thomas

Feb 19, 2013, 10:19:29 AM2/19/13
to is...@googlegroups.com
Hello all
I was wondering if there is a way to attach to the forwarded port from other apps. For example, I have set up some tunneled sessions through a central server. I can connect to these through ssh, but I was wondering if I can also connect to them for SFTP from goodreader or another app like that. I attempted tunneling 22 from local port 3030 and then connecting goodreader to localhost:3030, but it says there is nothing there.

Has anyone gotten something like this done? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers