Re: screen is black after connecting via RDP

Dean Beeler

Oct 22, 2012, 1:47:38 PM10/22/12
to is...@googlegroups.com
If the connection is successful, and there are no reported errors in the log, it's possible that the remote session for whatever reason may actually want some interactivity like a mouse move or character press.

Dean

On Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:43:17 PM UTC-7, Matthew Newton wrote:
I see mentions of this issue in previous posts, but I don't see any resolutions so I'll create a new post.

Whenever I connect to a Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012 computer (these are all the varieties I have to test) via RDP (tunneled through ssh or raw--doesn't matter), it connects but the screen is simply blank. The issh connection log as four log entries:
Opening RDP connection
Negotiating with server
Successful connection to remote desktop
Ending remote desktop connection (after I manually end it)

The server logs a successful connection as well. It logs lots of stuff. If it's helpful I can post those logs.

NLA is not required on any of the servers I'm connecting to.

Please help!

Dan Shechter

Jan 20, 2013, 12:51:59 PM1/20/13
to is...@googlegroups.com
Same here...
This only happens with Windows 8 + 2012.. perhaps the OP was wrong about W7?