Bike/Ped bridge stealth opening

1 view

Jeff Youngstrom

Jul 1, 2011, 2:00:47 PM7/1/11
to GAIT, issaquah-b...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang,

The new bike/ped bridge across I-90 is supposed to open for business
by the end of the day today.

Now, nobody is thrilled about the planning and execution of this
project, but it's there now in all its concrete glory and it does at
least marginally improve the convenience and safety of this freeway
crossing for folks who aren't in cars.

I'm going to go ride my bike over the thing this evening at 7pm just
for fun. If you'd like to join me in marveling at the view of the IHOP
parking lot and admiring the pristine cement and paint stripes, let's
meet up on the north side of the NW Sammamish Road/SE 56th/SR900
intersection next to the park around 7.

C'mon, it'll be fun! Walkers welcome too, of course.

See ya,
Jeff

Tony Cowan

Jul 1, 2011, 10:44:34 PM7/1/11