Transportation films in Issaquah Thursday evening!

Jeff Youngstrom

May 9, 2012, 2:40:54 AM5/9/12
to GAIT, Issaquah Bike Club
This Thursday (10-May) from 6pm - 9pm Issaquah's Office of Sustainability presents “Happy Mobility in a Livable City: How you Can Have It, Inform It and Use It,”

This will be a dynamic event with a variety of film clips and shorts on transportation topics and issues to consider as the Eastside continues to grow. From transit systems, bike lanes and trails to access issues and multi-lingual information resources, we will learn about the importance of collaborating efforts on a local and regional level so our future transportation infrastructure will support a diverse and growing population.

After each film clip, experts will speak to the topic and answer your questions. The evening’s presenters include Alina Aaron with HopeLink; Michelle Zeidman with the
King County Mobility Coalition; Eileen Kadesh, King County Metro’s Bicycle Program Manager, Carrie Dolwick with Transportation Choices; Skye Schell and Jeff Aken with
Forterra; Lisa Quinn with Feet First, among others.

In addition to light refreshments, informational tables and door prizes will be available.

The event will run from 6-9 p.m. May 10 at King County Library Service Center’s Community Room, 960 Newport Way N.W. in Issaquah (this is not the downtown library.) While the film starts at 6:30 p.m., arrive early to visit our event partners and their educational tables.

The free movie nights are presented by the City of Issaquah’s Office of Sustainability, and are funded through a grant from the King County Local Hazardous Waste  Management Program. For more information, go to www.ci.issaquah.wa.us/rco or call 425-837-3400.

This should be a great event. I hope to see you there!

Jeff