CN76 on Tuesday 8/10 by K7BWH /P

ba...@k7bwh.com

Aug 8, 2021, 11:30:43 PM8/8/21
to Ed N7PHY

Hi again! I’m activating CN76, a thin dotted-line sliver of a coastal grid that spans Washington and Oregon, on Tuesday 8/10 all day and most of Wednesday 8/11.

I’ll scout a place somewhere between CN78xt Grayland (a great ham name amiright?) and CN76xf Fort Stevens.

It will be mostly meteor scatter 50.260 from 6 to 10am local, then mostly FT8 50.313 until bedtime. Six meters only.

I’ll use Portable /P callsign and be Even/1st sequence.

Send me an email if you’re not in the Most Wanted Grids spreadsheet and need CN76 (not DN76 lol) with your own 6-digit grid.

This trip is a shakedown cruise for the SSPA amplifier setup (last week the trip was a shakedown for the vehicle). Running full power and good aluminum is a lot of fun.

The coast has cool marine air again, neatly sidestepping our next Seattle heat wave and the smoke and wildfires further east; I’m looking forward to a pleasant weekend.

I hope to have email and will use “vhf chat” Slack channel. I burned up my entire data plan last week on North Point and so this week I won’t have PSKreporter or other cool propagation toys or qrz.com lookup. If needed, text me at 425-503-5548. Always include your callsign and grid square – if you want me to point at you, then you have to tell me where you are. Them’s the rules.

See you on the air!

73 Barry K7BWH /P
ba...@k7bwh.com
www.griduino.com