FW: Net Manager for Washington State Emergency Net

Joe Decuir

Oct 17, 2021, 1:45:00 AM10/17/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
Do you know anyone?

-----Original Message-----
From: ARRL Members Only Web site <membe...@www.arrl.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2021 7:33 PM
To: joe.d...@gmail.com
Subject: Net Manager for Washington State Emergency Net

Jeffery Stidham, AL1Q, is stepping down as the Washington State Emergency Net Manager at the end of November 2021 and we are looking for a leader with organizational skills to become the new WSEN Net Manager.

Prior to the Mount Saint Helens eruption on May 18, 1980, there was no organized HF Coordination Net in Washington State. Because of the devastating damage in Eastern Washington (EWA) the ARRL ARES leadership started WSEN to serve as a net where ARES/RACES/ACS EMCOMM stations could share volcano activity messages. Post Mount Saint Helens WSEN remained in place to serve the Amateur Radio Service EMCOMM community as a place to share and coordinate EMCOMM traffic locally, regionally and statewide. The net has been organized around a Net Manager and then asking for Net Control Stations from the nine Washington Homeland Security Regions. This is an important and vital leadership position that serves our local, regional, tribal and state EMCOMM efforts. Even with today’s high speed and efficient data systems we need to have an alternate SSB net in place to provide backfill emergency message handling services and to provide a statewide place for message handling/passing coordination. Jeff has worked hard to bring WSEN into the 21st Century and we need to have a Net Manager who is innovative and able to work with amateur radio EMCOMM leaders to continue Jeff’s efforts.

Interested amateur radio operators who would like to have the opportunity to become an ARRL leader and to contribute to Amateur Radio Service EMCOMM in the state are invited to email Monte, W7FF at W7...@arrl.net .