RE: w7bi.com update complete

ba...@k7bwh.com

Aug 15, 2021, 10:17:05 PM8/15/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

The shiny new Google Site for our club is up and running at www.w7bi.com

If you get “secure connection failed” then wait an hour for DNS propagation and try again.

This update provides a responsive layout, such that the screen will reflow according to screen size. For smaller tablets and smartphones, the nav bar will condense into 3 bars in the upper left (the “navigation hamburger” or the “three slot toaster” look).

Please click a few pages at random and check the layout and font sizes are working acceptably well.

I took a guess at font size and will not be surprised if it looks really big on some devices. It can easily be changed, just let me know if it should be larger or smaller.

Anyone who was a content editor can still do so on the new platform.

Thanks!

73 Barry K7BWH

Aug 15, 2021, 10:22:12 PM8/15/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com
The website looks wonderful!!  Easier to read too! Thank you!

Sent from my Galaxy
--
Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com
---

joe.d...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2021, 5:09:36 PM8/16/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for all the work.

Is site editing similar to the legacy site?

If so, I can keep maintaining it.

Joe, KF7BMD

Aug 16, 2021, 6:37:15 PM8/16/21
to Iarc Group
Joe,. Not exactly. You have to log in to sites.google.com using the same credentials you did for the old site. It will give you a version of the new site that can be edited. When you are finished you click PUBLISH up at the top and your edit is saved.

If you have questions give me a call 206-276-6759.

John KA7TTY

Joe Decuir

Aug 16, 2021, 7:14:33 PM8/16/21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

I should test it using my old credentials and confirm that it still works

John MacDuff

Aug 16, 2021, 7:50:32 PM8/16/21
to Iarc Group
Yes. Try correcting my last name.