Upcoming August IARC meeting

Rod Johnson

Jul 23, 2024, 6:01:55 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to Iarc Group
We are already coming up on the August 8 meeting date.

There are a couple of issues we need to consider.

  There is still a need for a program of some sort, for the August and September meetings.
   If anyone has a program they would be willing to present to the group, please let me know.  It would be nice to get some subject mentioned for the newsletter this week.

  The W7BI web page(s) need some help bringing it up to date, and possibly revamping some of the format.

       At the picnic, Barry ( web administrator and owner of the server hosting the site), offered to help whomever   would like to learn the process and be a point person for input for updates.

  Rod J

ba...@k7bwh.com

Jul 23, 2024, 7:17:28 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Thinking of helping update the website? Here’s a page I wrote as a brief introduction to the technology involved.

                https://www.w7bi.com/website

It explains that we’re using Google Sites (free!) with some links to various guides and help topic introductions.

Lmk, ‘k?

73 Barry K7BWH

--
Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com
---

Bob Otis

Jul 24, 2024, 10:54:44 AM (3 days ago) Jul 24
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Barry, Rod,

As discussed loosely, I can make simple modifications to the website on a monthly basis.  I just need the basic information to make the two, maybe three or four modifications to the monthly meeting, the Squakbox link(s) and anything else that comes up.

On subject matter and formatting, I can work with Barry to do some modifications in the “between now and Christmas” time frame working with Rick KK7NFM who has some ideas for simplification and new topics for new licensees/members.,  If this sounds appealing, I suggest the following framework.

Webmaster: Barry

Web content advisor: Rod

Web lackeys: Bob and Rick

Plan: Bob and Rick come up with ideas or mature ideas from Barry, Rod or others.

Ideas are passed by Barry and Rod for concurrence at key milestones

Ideas are posted to the website after approval by Barry and Rod.

Current State:

  1. Rick has a suggested arrangement that he thinks would look more modern.  Consider it a concept (work in progress) that moves away from the three column format we currently have.   His idea is attached for comments.
  2. I have another work in progress for the Winlink webpage and it is attached in the Table of Contents format.  It too is a work in progress, but it is starting to take shape.  Starting to be tied up with CERT stuff, so don’t hold your breath.

If this sounds appealing, let Rick and me know and we’ll move forward.

Thanks,

Bob KI7RMO

Issaquah Amateur Radio Club (IARC).pptx
IARC Webpage - Winlink.docx

John MacDuff

Jul 26, 2024, 5:00:34 PM (15 hours ago) Jul 26
to Iarc Group
I plan to continue to post the new SquakBox each month and update the links to it.

Take care,
John KA7TTY

Bob Otis

Jul 26, 2024, 6:06:17 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 26
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com

Great!  See modification below for Squakbox.  Apologies for missing that.

Bob KI7RMO

On Wed, Jul 24, 2024, 7:55AM 'Bob Otis' via Issaquah Amateur Radio Club <issaqu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Barry, Rod,

As discussed loosely, I can make simple modifications to the website on a monthly basis.  I just need the basic information to make the two, maybe three or four modifications to the monthly meeting, the Squakbox link(s) and anything else that comes up.

On subject matter and formatting, I can work with Barry to do some modifications in the “between now and Christmas” time frame working with Rick KK7NFM who has some ideas for simplification and new topics for new licensees/members.,  If this sounds appealing, I suggest the following framework.

Webmaster: Barry

Web content advisor: Rod

Squakbox updates and links: John

Rod Johnson

Jul 26, 2024, 6:45:14 PM (14 hours ago) Jul 26
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com