May HAM classes: happy call from Dan Stevens

Joe Decuir

Apr 21, 2022, 10:16:39 AMApr 21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Stevens

Dan leads amateur radio classes in our area.

He and his team have taught classes in Issaquah for many years, until Covid.

We are scheduled again for May 7th and 14th at the Issaquah Community Center.

(New venue: city has convertered the Eagle Room; it also considers this a crucial event.)

Dan visited the Community Center yesterday.

He called me out of class to tell me that he is happy with the venue.

We have enough space for SIMULTANEOUS Technician and General classes.

Questions I should have asked Dan:

  • Is there enough registration interest?
    • These events are 16 days out.
  • Should we be promoting this event beyond what we do?
    • E.g. we mentioned it at our recent CERT events
  • Does he have enough instructors?
    • I teach EE at UW now; Mihai has offered, too.

Please advise,

Joe Decuir, KF7BMD

Issaquah Amateur Radio Club, W7BI.com

Issaquah CERT 0015, Zone 14

E: jde...@ieee.org

E: jde...@uw.edu

M: 425-985-1562

Mihai Manolache

Apr 21, 2022, 10:46:32 AMApr 21
to issaqu...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Stevens
Due to the last world events and some more in personal life, I am probably not able to attend as speaker. Best if I can attend as VE, but even this is under the question mark.
Do we know how many people registered for the class?

73,
Mihai (W4MHI)

Your group manager is ba...@k7bwh.com
---