isrs sync

tylerL

May 26, 2011, 10:39:48 AM5/26/11
to iSRS Support
I just barely downloaded mnemosyne and created a couple databases on
my Windows PC (XP). I purchased iSRS HD for my iPad.I downloaded iSRS
Sync and ran it. It just sits there on the "waiting" screen. How do I
get this to work?

Thanks,
Tyler

Richard Tew

May 27, 2011, 4:44:21 AM5/27/11
to iSRS Support
I have had numerous reasons why this has happened to me:

- Wireless router didn't have good enough signal (1 or 2 bars).
Moving closer to the wireless device and getting a better signal did
the trick.
- Either iSRS sync or the iTouch got into a state where it wouldn't
connect. Restarting one or the other did the trick.

Also in order for it to work for me, I had to run iSRS sync as
administrator. But I use Windows 7 and for some reason decided to put
iSRS sync in my program files directory, so this probably wouldn't
apply to you.

Other than that, it works fine now.

Cheers,
Richard.

tylerL

May 28, 2011, 10:16:38 AM5/28/11
to iSRS Support
Thank you very much for your reply Richard. I will watch out for those
things. Am I understanding this right that this basic setup should
work: I have a wireless router. I have my PC hooked up wirelessly to
it (win XP) I have my iPad hooked up wirelessly to the router also so
both can see the internet (I don't know if it matters but I have never
tried to access the PC from my iPad or vice versa). I have iSRS HD
installed on my iPad. On my PC, I downloaded iSRS sync and unzipped it
(it's still just in my downloads folder). I also forgot to mention
that I have Mnemosyne installed on my PC with a couple databases that
I've created so far. So what do I do exactly? Do I run iSRS Sync on my
PC at the same time as I touch the "sync" button in the iSRS app on my
iPad? Do I need to have Mnemosyne open too?

Thanks for any help!

tylerL

May 29, 2011, 9:24:04 AM5/29/11
to iSRS Support
I got it working now. Thanks for the help.

Richard Tew

May 30, 2011, 5:53:32 AM5/30/11
to iSRS Support
On May 29, 9:24 pm, tylerL <tyler...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got it working now. Thanks for the help.

Excellent news, I never got your reply so couldn't answer your other
questions. But close mnemosyne when syncing, because it will get
confused when the data changes underneath it.

What did you have to do to get it working? This would be good to
know, to better handle it when people ask in future.

Cheers,
Richard.

tylerL

Jun 4, 2011, 9:55:13 AM6/4/11
to iSRS Support
I took my laptop and my ipad closer to my wireless router and it
worked. The weird thing is, once I did that I tried it again where I
was before and it worked. So.. I'm not really sure. The main thing is
it works! Thanks.