Support for Mnemosyne 2

Jan Kuchař

Feb 19, 2012, 2:15:08 PM2/19/12
to iSRS Support
Hello, are you planning support for mnemosyne 2? (currently in late
beta stage) It has sync API, so I think it shoud be much more easy to
implement than version for Mnemosyne 1. Version for Mnemosyne 2 shoud
internally use their own format to store cards, because of sync API.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Sincerely,
Jan Kuchař

iSRS

Feb 22, 2012, 1:44:07 AM2/22/12
to iSRS Support
I will try to provide an update as soon as I can on the next iteration
and the future of where iSRS is going in the coming months.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
iSRS Support

P.S. As far as I know, the folks contributing to the Mnemosyne project
are also working on the iOS version for 2.0...

Matthew

Feb 23, 2012, 4:24:13 PM2/23/12
to iSRS Support
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for an update to Mnemosyne

Wayne

Mar 12, 2012, 9:50:02 PM3/12/12
to iSRS Support
FYI,

I'm not sure about that. I searched the mnemosyne project developers
group and couldn't find anything to confirm that they're also working
on an ios version for 2.0. I did find this:

<start of cut-n-paste>

The Mnemosyne software resembles a traditional flash card program to
help you memorize question/answer pairs, but with an important twist:
it uses a sophisticated algorithm to schedule the best time for a card
to come up for review. Difficult cards that you tend to forget quickly
will be scheduled more often, while Mnemosyne won't waste your time on
things you remember well.

Tags

education Computer Aided Instruction (CAI)

Licenses

GPL

Operating Systems

Mac OS X POSIX Linux Windows Windows

Implementation

Python

<end of cut-n-paste>

Which seems to suggest no ios support.

Regards,
Wayne

iSRS

Apr 2, 2012, 2:53:23 PM4/2/12
to iSRS Support
If I recall correctly, the official iOS client for Mnemosyne is called
MnemoCoCo and is developed by Ullrich Martini.