Can't figure out Ruby Hashes...

Oleg Cherkasky

Jun 22, 2015, 7:14:02 AM6/22/15
to isra...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I'm new here  and I've been learning Ruby for about a month. I'm taking the Learn Ruby the Hard Way free online course, which is very useful because I have no prior programming experience save for HTML and CSS which don't count because they're markup languages.

I'm stuck, there's a part where you create hashes and I have no idea how the code works there, even though the author tries to explain it I still am having A LOT of trouble wrapping my mind around  the concepts in there.

You create 3 files, one works by itself but the other two work in unison. There's a "dict.rb" file and an "ex39_test.rb" file (it's all shown in detail in the link below), the dict file has you creating a "module" thing and you create variables like "hash_key" and "set".

I am trying to understand them but like I said can't wrap my head around these concepts.

http://learnrubytheh.../book/ex39.html

Can someone help please?

Thank you,