diamonds with question marks in the rstudio ide

Yoni Sidi

Feb 24, 2015, 4:29:22 AM2/24/15
to israel-r-...@googlegroups.com
when i run in rstudio

library(dplyr);library(stringr)

x=data.frame(a=c("יוני","שלום"))

x%>%filter(str_detect(a,"יוני"))%>%View

i get on the rstudio output sheet black diamonds with white question marks, how can i fix this? it is not in the encoding of x since the locale is already set to Hebrew_Israel and the all encoding is Windows-1255

this has same application to shiny datatable outputs where instead of displaying hebrew text it is black diamonds with white question  marks.

Yoni Sidi

Feb 24, 2015, 4:33:40 AM2/24/15
to israel-r-...@googlegroups.com
i mean that in the rstudio output i get it in the sheet name label  in the source panel x%>%filter(str_detect(a,"$$$$$$$$$")) where $$$$$ are diamonds, the data itself is shown as in hebrew with no diamonds

thanks

yoni

Jonathan Rosenblatt

Feb 24, 2015, 4:34:20 AM2/24/15
to israel-r-user-group
I wonder if it is an R issue or an RStudio issue.
Try running the same without R studio.
If it works plain R, have a look here:

Also note-
I my RStudio (under linux) your code had no problems.

Jonathan Rosenblatt
www.john-ros.com

Yoni Sidi

Jonathan Rosenblatt

Feb 24, 2015, 4:57:46 AM2/24/15
to israel-r-user-group
I understand now.
It was indeed not what I had in mind.
Here is how it looks on my machine:
Maybe this discussion is more relevant:

Inline image 1

Jonathan Rosenblatt
www.john-ros.com

Yoni Sidi

Feb 24, 2015, 5:27:46 AM2/24/15
to israel-r-...@googlegroups.com
can you write: View(x%>%filter(str_detect(a,"יוני"))) and see what it gives you, thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to israel-r-user-group+unsubscribe...@googlegroups.com.

Jonathan Rosenblatt
www.john-ros.com

Jonathan Rosenblatt