This week, PHOENIX 25th Anniversary concert & party

1 view

Dr. Myrna Herzog

May 4, 2024, 5:52:53 AMMay 4
to Israel Early Music Scene
 newsletter

Hello early music lovers

Ensemble PHOENIX: 25th years party, and last full season!

At the occasion of PHOENIX's debut, 25 years ago, Ury Eppstein wrote at the Jerusalem Post: "this is a red-letter day for Israel's musical life" ... "the consort will have to work hard to live up to the standard it has established in its debut."

Have we have done so? Judge by yourself, hear our 12 albums on Spotify - and c
ome, come celebrate with us!

cake with 25 candles
Do not miss THIS WEEK the concert-party celebrating our big anniversary on May 8 at 19:30 at Studio Annette in Tel Aviv (the ticket enables you to attend the party after the concert) - and our last 4 concerts of the present season and format.

Because from now on, PHOENIX will continue in a DIFFERENT FORMAT, with concerts concentrated in one specific period of the year.

Emotional interview with PHOENIX's director

Myrna Herzog was interviewed by Kol HaMusica's Amir Lekach Avivi, on PHOENIX's 25th anniversary, on the new album, on the ensemble's future format, and the coming concerts. Hear the 25.4.24 interview here.

flower

Last concerts: Bach in Italy!

Although he never left Germany, Bach journeyed to Italy through the study of the works of Italian masters.

Our program visits Bach's pieces of Italian inspiration: his fugues on themes by Corelli and Albinoni, the Aria Variata alla maniera italiana, the Capriccio sulla lontananza del fratello dilettissimo, and the celebrated Italian Concerto – now heard as a full concerto for solo harpsichord and strings!

Bach in Italy lightPhotos by Yoel Levy and Eliahu Feldman

Ensemble PHOENIX on period instruments: Noam SchussTali Goldberg(baroque violins), Yulia Lurye (baroque viola), Marina Minkin (harpsichord) and Myrna Herzog (baroque cello and musical direction).

Tuesday 7.5.24 at 20:00
Raanana,The Chamber lounge, Ra'anana Pais Music Center, 48 Etzyon str.
Tickets: https://tickets.raanana.muni.il/show/11386

Wednesday 8.5.24 19:30
Tel Aviv, Studio Annette, the Felicja Blumental Music Center
Shvil HaMeretz 2 (Parking nearby at the Schocken/courthouse parking
Tickets: https://ticks.co.il/event.php?i=IDJopXieuv1
The ticket enables one to attend the concert and the following party celebrating 25 years of activity of Ensemble PHOENIX.

Friday 10.5.24 12:00
Jerusalem, the Eden-Tamir Center, Ein Kerem
Tickets: https://eventbuzz.co.il/lp/event/11c2d

Saturday 11.5.24 20:30

Haifa, The Studio, Beit Hecht, HaNassi 142, Carmel Center
Reservations: 04 836-3804
Tickets: https://ticks.co.il/event.php?i=IDJopXieuv1

New album!!!

Our NEW ALBUM  - Leonora Duarte, Palazzo & Synagogue - was just released on Spotify, Youtube Music, Apple Music and all digital platforms! Click on the cover to hear it!

Capa 85 FINAL luz light

'Leonora Duarte, Palazzo & Synagogue' is a glimpse into the musical world of Jews and Conversos in the Low Countries in the 17th century.

It joins the moving songs of the Portuguese synagogue in Amsterdam – preserved by the memory of their last conductor David Ricardo in an unpublished manuscript– with Leonora Duarte's 7 sinfonias (the only music written for viols by a woman in the 17th century), and music from the house concerts at the palazzo of the Duarte family, by Constantijn Huygens, Nicholas Lanier, John Bull and Girolamo Frescobaldi.

25 anos

Logo 1 B

Hear us everywhere and anytime, on all digital platforms: SpotifyDeezerApple Music & iTunes StoreAmazon Music, TidalYouTube Music and on our YouTube Channel.

Studio Annette

 Logo FBMC-EnLogo Ministry of Culture EN

www.phoenixearlymusic.com | Contact1396565970 facebook 1396565978 youtube