A Pesach gift, full of positive energy

Dr. Myrna Herzog

Apr 22, 2024, 3:25:47 AMApr 22
to Israel Early Music Scene
 newsletter

Hello early music lovers

A Pesach gift, full of positive energy

Hoping to make this Pesach a bit happier, we send you our new album "Leonora Duarte, Palazzo & Synagogue", just released on Spotify, Youtube Music and all digital platforms. This live recording captured the highly emotional involvement of performers and listeners present in the concert. Click on the cover!

Cover 40 FINAL light

The album is a glimpse into the musical world of Jews and Conversos in the Low Countries in the 17th century. It joins moving songs of the Amsterdam Portuguese Synagogue - (preserved by the memory of its last maestro David Ricardo in an unpublished manuscript), unique fantasies for viols by Leonora Duarte and music from within the Antwerp palazzo of the Duarte family.

Emotional interview with PHOENIX's director

Myrna Herzog was interviewed by Kol HaMusica's Amir Lekach Avivi, on PHOENIX's 25th anniversary, on the new album, on the ensemble's future format, and on the coming concerts, the last within the present format. It'll be aired on Thursday, 25.4, at 18:00.

flower

This is PHOENIX's last full season

From now on PHOENIX will continue in a different format, with concerts concentrated in one specific period of the year.

So do not miss our last 5 concerts until the end of the present season - which will include a concert-party celebrating our big anniversary on May 8 at 19:30 at Studio Annette in Tel Aviv (the ticket enables you to attend the party after the concert).

Below, our next musical adventures, hoping to have you with us!

Bach versus Haendel

Our October program is back: Bach versus Handel displaying the composers' unmistankingly different personalities. Playing on instruments of the period: Moshe Aron Epstein (baroque flute), Aviad Stier (harpsichord) and Myrna Herzog (viola da gamba).

Trio 02 light

Photo by Yoel Levy

Saturday 27.04.24 at 20:00
Modiin, house concert
Tickets and Reservations: 054-307-0304

In May, Bach in Italy!

Although he never left Germany, Bach journeyed to Italy through the study of the works of Italian masters , fully assimilating the Italian style. In our program we visit his pieces of Italian inspiration like the Aria Variata alla maniera italiana, the Capriccio sulla lontananza del fratello dilettissimo and the celebrated Italian Concerto – all of them in new clothing.

Bach in Italy lightPhotos by Yoel Levy and Eliahu Feldman

Ensemble PHOENIX on period instruments: Noam SchussTali Goldberg(baroque violins), Yulia Lurye (baroque viola), Marina Minkin (harpsichord) and Myrna Herzog (viola da gamba and musical direction).

Tuesday 7.5.24 at 20:00
Raanana,The Chamber lounge, Ra'anana Pais Music Center, 48 Etzyon str.
Tickets: https://tickets.raanana.muni.il/show/11386

Wednesday 8.5.24 19:30
Tel Aviv, Studio Annette, the Felicja Blumental Music Center
Shvil HaMeretz 2 (Parking nearby at the Schocken/courthouse parking
Tickets: https://ticks.co.il/event.php?i=IDJopXieuv1
The ticket enables one to attend the concert and the following party celebrating 25 years of activity of Ensemble PHOENIX.

Friday 10.5.24 12:00
Jerusalem, the Eden-Tamir Center, Ein Kerem
Tickets: https://eventbuzz.co.il/lp/event/11c2d

Saturday 11.5.24 20:30

Haifa, The Studio, Beit Hecht, HaNassi 142, Carmel Center
Reservations: 052-3784586
Tickets: https://ticks.co.il/event.php?i=IDJopXieuv1

25 anos

Logo 1 B

Hear us everywhere and anytime, on all digital platforms: SpotifyDeezerApple Music & iTunes StoreAmazon Music, TidalYouTube Music and on our YouTube Channel.

Studio Annette

 Logo FBMC-EnLogo Ministry of Culture EN

www.phoenixearlymusic.com | Contact1396565970 facebook 1396565978 youtube