Israeli Premiere: La Susanna by Stradella!

1 view

Dr. Myrna Herzog

Mar 9, 2024, 1:49:04 PMMar 9
to Israel Early Music Scene
 newsletter

Hello early music lovers

A single concert of "La Susanna"

Join us for the Israeli premiere of  Alessandro Stradella's oratorio La Susanna, to be performed solely on Saturday 23.3.24 at 12:00 at Duc in Altum temple at Magdala, by the Kinneret, as part of the celebrations of the International Women’s Month!

After the concert, we suggest you enjoy the delicious food of the hotel's restaurant (as we shall do!).

Rembrandt Susanna and the Elders light

Based on Chapter 13 of the Book of Daniel  it is a compelling tale concerning the beautiful Susanna who – married and virtuous – refuses to submit to the advances of two elderly judges. In seeking revenge, the men use their power to charge her with adultery – the result being that she is condemned to death.

But young prophet Daniel pleads for the case to be reopened as Susanna is led to her execution; hew unravels the truth, the noblewoman’s honour is restored and the two dignitaries are killed in her place.

One of the most distinguished Italian composers of the 17th century, Alessandro Stradella was also famous for his amorous adventures which led to his assassination at age 39. La Susanna was his final work.

GET YOUR DISCOUNT TICKET NOW!

אנסמבל פיניקס (חוגג כעת 25 שנה להיווסדו) מציג האורטוריה לה סוזנה מאת אלסנדרו סטרדלה (1681) | הזמנת כרטיסים (ticks.co.il)
yoav Ayalon by Yossi ZweckerMap - Waze directions

Singers:
Monica Schwartz
Liron Givoni
Yonathan Suissa
Daniel Portnoy
Yoav Ayalon

Ensemble PHOENIX on period instruments:
Rachel Ringelstein, Tali Goldberg (baroque violins),
Alma Mayer (cornetto, recorder, baroque bassoon, trombone),
Marina Minkin (harpsichord),
Myrna Herzog (baroque cello),
Evgeny Karasik (percussion).

Musical director: Myrna Herzog

Singers and Myrna light

In April, Bach versus Haendel

Our October program is back: Bach versus Handel displaying the composers' unmistankingly different personalities. Playing on instruments of the period: Moshe Aron Epstein (baroque flute), Aviad Stier (harpsichord) and Myrna Herzog (viola da gamba).

Trio 02 light

Photo by Yoel Levy

Saturday 27.04.24 at 20:00
Modiin, house concert
Tickets and Reservations: 054-307-0304

In May, Bach in Italy!

Although he never left Germany, Bach journeyed to Italy through the study of the works of Italian masters , fully assimilating the Italian style. In our program we visit his pieces of Italian inspiration like the Aria Variata alla maniera italiana, the Capriccio sulla lontananza del fratello dilettissimo and the celebrated Italian Concerto – all of them in new clothing.

Bach in Italy lightPhotos by Yoel Levy and Eliahu Feldman

Ensemble PHOENIX on period instruments: Noam SchussTali Goldberg(baroque violins), Yulia Lurye (baroque viola), Marina Minkin (harpsichord) and Myrna Herzog (baroque cello and musical direction).

Tuesday 7.5.24 at 20:00
Raanana,The Chamber lounge, Ra'anana Pais Music Center, 48 Etzyon str.
Tickets: https://tickets.raanana.muni.il/show/11386

Wednesday 8.5.24 20:00
Tel Aviv, Studio Annette, the Felicja Blumental Music Center
Shvil HaMeretz 2 (Parking nearby at the Schocken/courthouse parking
אנסמבל פניקס - באך באיטליה | הזמנת כרטיסים (ticks.co.il)

Friday 10.5.24 12:00
Jerusalem, the Eden-Tamir Center, Ein Kerem
Tickets: https://eventbuzz.co.il/lp/event/11c2d

Saturday 11.5.24 20:30

Haifa, The Studio, Beit Hecht, HaNassi 142, Carmel Center
Reservations: 04 836-3804
אנסמבל פניקס - באך באיטליה | הזמנת כרטיסים (ticks.co.il)

New album!!!

Our program of Brazilian music of the early 19th century will be released on Spotify, Youtube Music, Apple Music and all digital platforms on Friday 15.12!
Click on the cover for the pre-save!

Cover 40 FINAL light

25 anos

Logo 1 B

Hear us everywhere and anytime, on all digital platforms: SpotifyDeezerApple Music & iTunes StoreAmazon Music, TidalYouTube Music and on our YouTube Channel.

Studio Annette

 Logo FBMC-EnLogo Ministry of Culture EN

www.phoenixearlymusic.com | Contact1396565970 facebook 1396565978 youtube