PhD position in Philosophy of Technology at University of Siegen

ISHPSS

Jun 23, 2022, 9:24:30 AM6/23/22
to isr-h...@googlegroups.com

From: Niel Conradie <niel.h....@GMAIL.COM>

Dear all,

A PhD position in Philosophy of Technology is available at University of Siegen, focusing on interactive technology and sustainability.

How can we change our behavior towards a sustainable lifestyle with the help of interactive technology? The interdisciplinary junior research group MOVEN will address this question at the University of Siegen.

The group combines the disciplines of design, technology/prototyping, psychology, and ethics (philosophy of technology). In addition to the content-related objectives, the qualification of the staff (doctorate) is a structural objective of the project and the university.

We are looking for employees in the fields of:

- Design und Physical Computing

- Interactionsdesign

The junior research group has five years of duration, is led by Dr. Matthias Laschke, and is located in the Faculty III - Business Informatics. In addition to excellent funding, there will be close cooperation with other research institutions such as the Chair of Ubiquitous Design (Prof. Dr. Marc Hassenzahl), RWTH Aachen University (Prof. Dr. Saskia Nagel), Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (Prof. Dr. Sarah Diefenbach), Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment, Energy + Bergische Universität Wuppertal (Prof. Dr. Christa Liedtke), among others. In addition, there is close cooperation with partners such as Miele & Cie. KG, Ergosign GmbH and Verbraucherzentrale NRW.

Contact person: matthias...@uni-siegen.de