how or what does it do in linux

charles hartmann

Oct 2, 2009, 11:04:10 AM10/2/09
to iSpykee
i have connected to my spyke using your linux source, but what does it
do?

Mr Blog

Oct 2, 2009, 2:14:36 PM10/2/09
to iSpykee
It makes it so you can access your Spykee robot on your iPhone by
navigating to http://ispykee.com on your iPhone Safari browser.

See http://ispykee.com/intro

Connect to the http://ispykee.com/ site with Safari on your iPhone.

Touch "Connect to Spykee" and when prompted, enter the robot name and
password you specified above in the "iSpykee Controller" settings.

This will take you to the live connection screen for your Spykee
robot.

Barrett Weisshaar

Oct 2, 2009, 2:18:17 PM10/2/09
to isp...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing this when I go out of town.

Also, what's with the porn spam lately?

Sent from the mobile iPhone ether...

charles hartmann

Oct 2, 2009, 2:22:50 PM10/2/09
to isp...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to access the web interface for it without a iphone, like what if i use safari on my linux or windows pc and install the opensource webkit thing found at webkit.org? im just looking for a more convenient way to use my spykee when im away, im mainly a linux guy so this would help if i did not have to switch to windows all the time when i want to use it. thanks

Mr Blog

Oct 2, 2009, 3:08:00 PM10/2/09
to iSpykee
We've activated moderation of pfirst-time posting so hopefully that
will help avoid the porn spam. This has been an issue across all
Google Groups recently, not just our iSpykee group.

On Oct 2, 11:18 am, Barrett Weisshaar <bweissh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing this when I go out of town.
>
> Also, what's with the porn spam lately?
>
> Sent from the mobile iPhone ether...
>
> On Oct 2, 2009, at 11:14 AM, Mr Blog <mrblogdot...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > It makes it so you can access your Spykee robot on your iPhone by
> > navigating tohttp://ispykee.comon your iPhone Safari browser.
>
> > Seehttp://ispykee.com/intro
>
> > Connect to thehttp://ispykee.com/site with Safari on your iPhone.

Mr Blog

Oct 2, 2009, 3:11:32 PM10/2/09
to iSpykee
This has come up a few times. At some point we may have to build a
standard web interface for controlling Spykee. Perhaps there's a
contributor who wants to help in the effort?

In the mean time, something like the webkit may work. Right now the
site looks for iPhone or Android user-agent patterns, so if you use
one of those it should present the webkit interface. Not sure if the
webkit is really a lot easier than just using he normal Spykee softare
(although I guess that's not an option at all on a remote linux
machine).