Version numbering changed

Pieter Verhaeghe

Feb 26, 2007, 7:22:16 AM2/26/07
to ispcp-a...@googlegroups.com
Because a lot of people get confused of our version numbering of VHCS
Omega starting at 2.4.8 and because we want to show that VHCS Omega is
actually a completely reborn of VHCS, the development team has decided
to give the first release the version number 1.0. So the VHCS Omega
2.4.8 announced earlier becomes VHCS Omega 1.0, the new generation of
the open source virtual hosting system VHCS.

The first release of VHCS Omega will have a lot of re-designing
issues: FastCGI-based engine, PHP4/5 selector, a brand new webmail and
design, AwStats, ... So it's absolutely worth to make the switch from
VHCS to VHCS Omega.

When VHCS Omega 1.0 is finished, we will continue to use OPEN
development to build new versions of the hosting control panel. We
don't want this project to be completely dependent of one person and
end like VHCS.

For interested people, it is now possible to download nightly builds
on the download page of our new site:
http://www.isp-control.net/download.html Please be aware that this
downloads are the HEAD branch of the actual development which means,
they can be highly unstable. There's absolutely NO SUPPORT for these
versions.

At the moment, we have complete translation files available for
Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Polish,
Portuguese-Brazil, Spanish and Ukranian. If you want to help us with
the translation of other languages or you want to improve the
available languages, have a look at the development pages:
http://www.isp-control.net/external/development.html Your help is
really appreciated.

The VHCS Omega Team