No armv7 softfp support?

Nives Ktich

Sep 10, 2020, 6:00:13 PM9/10/20
to Intel SPMD Program Compiler Users
I'm attempting to link an ISPC 1.13.0 generated object into an Android armv7 (32bit) shared object via clang but am getting stuck due to ABI conflicts.

Fairly standard float ABI error when linking, using arch="arm", os="android", ISA="neon-i32x4"
"ispc_program.o uses VFP register arguments, output does not"

I am unable to find a way to have ISPC compile a soft float ABI which has been required on Android since ndk-r12 ( ~June 2016, https://android.googlesource.com/platform/ndk/+/ndk-r12-release/docs/HardFloatAbi.md )

Is there a way to do this, or is ISPC simply incompatible with recent 32bit Android distributions?

Dmitry Babokin

Sep 10, 2020, 6:55:44 PM9/10/20
to ispc-...@googlegroups.com
ISPC doesn't support soft float ABI. Seems we missed that current Android is soft float ABI... We need to fix that.

Dmitry.

Nives Ktich

Sep 10, 2020, 7:19:47 PM9/10/20
to Intel SPMD Program Compiler Users
Only armv7 (ie: 32bit) on Android is soft float - arm64 for Android links fine with ISPC objects, so I'm assuming it must hard float (though I can't find an official reference for that).

Dmitry Babokin

Sep 10, 2020, 7:45:43 PM9/10/20
to ispc-...@googlegroups.com
For aarch64 there's no soft or hard float ABI, it's single ABI, if I understand it correctly.