Re: How to delete a soa pointer?

Dmitry Babokin

Apr 10, 2017, 8:53:58 PM4/10/17
to ispc...@googlegroups.com
Gordon,

soa<> is know to have quite many bugs in its implementation. Please file a bug, I'll have a look.

Dmitry.

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 10:55 PM, Gordon Gu <daod...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

The ispc compiler get error when I try to delete a soa pointer. I'm using ispc 1.9.1 (llvm 3.8) on Mac OS 10.12.3 .

Compiler said:

Assertion failed: (castIsValid(getOpcode(), S, Ty) && "Illegal BitCast"), function BitCastInst, file /Volumes/bpartb/_users/dybaboki/llvm/llvm-3.8/lib/IR/Instructions.cpp, line 3261.
main.cpp(235): FATAL ERROR: Unhandled signal sent to process; terminating.
***
*** Please file a bug report at https://github.com/ispc/ispc/issues
*** (Including as much information as you can about how to reproduce this error).
*** You have apparently encountered a bug in the compiler that we'd like to fix!
***

Here's the sample code. If I omit the last line, build will succeed. Also, looks like some soa test cases in ispc repo never delete after new (e.g. ispc/tests/soa-21.ispc).
Did I miss something? Thanks in advance

struct vec3f
{
float x;
float y;
float z;
};

soa<8> vec3f * uniform color = uniform new soa<8> vec3f[1000];
delete color;