Welcome

IsoriX

Apr 1, 2021, 4:31:46 AM4/1/21
to IsoriX
Hi there,

I should have done that a long time ago already, but here we are:
I have created a Google Group to organise and store all exchanges about IsoriX.

If you see this message, then you should be part of this group too.
I have so far only invited the few persons who emailed me very recently about Isorix.

I hope that this will become the main place where discussions about IsoriX will take place.

The idea is for users to ask all the questions they have. For whoever knows a little more to answer those questions. And hopefully this is also where people will share their experience and let others what they use IsoriX for.

Feel free to let your interested colleagues know about this mailing list.
The more members will join, the better it should become for everyone.

Best,

Alex

Ana claudia Batista

Aug 10, 2022, 1:21:03 AM8/10/22
to IsoriX
Hi Alex, how are you? I'm Ana Claudia Batista, PhD student in Brazil, I'm working with 18O and D on wood traceability, and I need to build isoscapes from the studied woods. I found ISORIX to build isoscapes in R, but I got stuck on the "getelev()" function and I couldn't find anything else about it, so could you help me?
It's good to reinforce that I'm a beginner using R studio.

Alexandre Courtiol

Aug 10, 2022, 1:26:36 AM8/10/22
to IsoriX
Hi Ana,
True: getelev() job is simply to download a file from internet but it does not work because I no longer have access to a server to store the data.
I will fix this during this month or September latest, but for the time being just download the elevation data from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rpzqv55hq61ust/gmted2010_30mn.tif?dl=0
Then proceed to the steps following getelev() but don't use getelev().
Let me know how it goes, everything else should work!
++
Alex