[ISM London] Protest Ahava - Next Fortnightly Demo on Sunday 23rd May

rose h

May 20, 2010, 7:03:02 AM5/20/10
to ism-l...@googlegroups.com
A small change from our usual day for deomonstrating - Our fortnightly demonstration against Ahava will be taking place on Sunday the 23rd May instead of the usual saturday.

In response to a call for action from the popular committee of Bi’lin, a demonstration will take place every fortnight outside Ahava in Covent Garden. It is being arranged by a coalition of London based Palestine solidarity groups, including ISM London. This coalition now has a website you can click here to visit and mailing list. There is also a Facebook group you can join for updates

Ahava sells beauty products from illegal settlements in the West Bank, and is the target of a massive boycott campaign by different solidarity groups.

This demonstration would be useful and would have an impact in applying more pressure on Ahava to stop the sale of products from stolen Palestinian land and would fit well with the growing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign against Israel, and promote greater links and cooperation between the Palestine solidarity groups in London.

Meet 12pm outside Ahava Covent Garden, 39 Monmouth Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9DD on Sat 13th March, and then at the same time every other Saturday.

We hope to see you there and join in with a campaign that has brought together activists from all over London.

To check out previous actions and demonstrations, please go to www.ism-london.co.uk

--
You received this since you are subscribed to the "ISM London" email list.