Volunteer opportunity with IWPS

ISM London

May 28, 2010, 6:02:46 AM5/28/10
to ISM London
Our comrades in the IWPS are looking for volunteers to join them: see
below for the details. Don't forget we have a training for new volunteers
too: the next one is in London, starting a week on Saturday:
http://www.ism-london.org.uk/782

ISM London

--------------

International Human Rights Volunteers Needed in Palestine

The International Women�s Peace Service (IWPS) is a team of
international female human-rights volunteers in Palestine who provide
accompaniment to Palestinian civilians (including farmers during the
annual olive harvest), document and non-violently intervene in
human-rights abuses and support acts of non-violent resistance to end the
Israeli military occupation and construction of the barrier throughout the
West Bank.

IWPS is currently inviting applications from women who would like to join
our team of long-term volunteers.

Successful applicants will be invited to a 9 day training program and
meeting in Portugal (Sept 11th- 19th, 2010) and will serve a minimum of
one 3 month term in the West Bank, Palestine, as well as supporting our
work outside of Palestine.

Applicants should be able to commit to further terms in Palestine of one
to three months in their 2nd and 3rd year of commitment to IWPS.

Short term volunteers are also welcome to apply (appl...@gmail.com) for
minimum volunteer periods of 3 weeks

For more information about IWPS and our activities please see our website
www.iwps.info (please note our website is currently being upgraded)

If you would like more information and/or would like to receive an
application pack please contact us at applyiwps@gmail. com

Deadline for applications 31st July 2010