Islandora Internship - Staffing Announcement

Kirsta Stapelfeldt

Nov 7, 2022, 1:47:37 PM11/7/22
to isla...@googlegroups.com, isabella....@gmail.com

Dear Islandora,

As you may have read, the Islandora Foundation’s recruitment for our 2023 Islandora Intern is in full swing. The internship program is designed to help support conference/camp planning and other community communications, as well as provide capacity for key Foundation projects, all while providing a recent graduate with the opportunity to learn and network in the digital library community.

Our inaugural intern, Isabella Nikolaidis, has completed a huge amount of work in her first year: Not only has she organized our many meetings (and a conference) she has seen us through the launch of a new website, a new community wiki, and a new, revised documentation management structure for the Foundation. She has been with us during a great time of change, and helped architect new and sustainable systems for our work. I couldn’t even begin to list all she has done, nor could I adequately describe how much I value her as a colleague, and how much I will miss our collaborations.

I am writing this email a little earlier than Isabella’s projected end date of mid-December to share the good news that she has secured a great job where she will use the skills she honed working with the Islandora community in a library setting (Isabella – feel free to share more details if you are willing).

If you have pressing questions or ongoing work with Isabella, her last day will be this Friday, November 11th. Between her departure and the onboarding of the new intern, I’ll be monitoring the comm...@islandora.ca address. Feel free to reach out to me directly as well.

In the meantime, I hope you will join me in saying a big THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS to Isabella!!

Best,

Kirsta

Kirsta Stapelfeldt (How I pronounce it)

Book a chat

Head | Digital Scholarship Unit
UTSC Library

UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO SCARBOROUGH

Library | AC 275 | 1265 Military Trail, Toronto, Ontario, M1C 1A4

Follow @UTSCLibrary on InstagramTwitter and Facebook.

Noah Smith

Nov 8, 2022, 8:32:47 AM11/8/22
to islandora
Congratulations and thank you, Isabella!

comm...@islandora.ca

Nov 8, 2022, 2:34:01 PM11/8/22
to islandora
Thank you Kirsta, Noah, and many thanks to the Islandora community for making this internship so rewarding! I’m grateful to have had the chance to support the Islandora community and meet many of you during our open meetings and at IslandoraCon.

I’m excited to announce I’ll be starting as an Analyst at the Edmonton Public Library! The Islandora internship gave me the chance to enrich my technical and communication skills, and I encourage anyone interested to check out our open internship posting for 2023.

Best,
Isabella

Don

Nov 11, 2022, 11:13:09 AM11/11/22
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and best of luck at EPL Isabella. Thank you for all of your contributions to the community and especially for your help in making Islandoracon 2022 a success!
Donald

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---