Starter Site is entering puberty!

Rosie Le Faive

Jan 13, 2023, 3:14:36 PM1/13/23
to islandora
Hey Islandora,

We are re-arranging some things temporarily to encourage rapid and iterative growth on the Starter Site in the lead-up to the Camp in March.

During this time, we will be making (and documenting) lots of changes. The goal is to incorporate what feature parity we can from the Install Profile and the Starter Site, and to envision what a great Islandora in Drupal 9 can be!  I'll be acting as maintainer on this component. We've also moved it from the Islandora github organization to the Islandora Devops github organization which has more relaxed rules about committing code (don't worry, your links will still resolve!). This makes some sense, as the Starter Site is not code and does not need to behave, or be managed, in the same way. (It needs to be managed in a different way - and through activity (and disagreements! :) ) , we can figure out a process that makes sense)

I have ideas I think would help the starter site before March. If you do too, let's collaborate!  Check out the #starter-dev channel on Slack. I'll soon be posting some links to another "starter site sandbox".

- Rosie