Permissions needed to add content

gi...@shaw.ca

May 1, 2024, 5:35:09 PMMay 1
to islandora
Hi folks,
we have a work experience student adding content to our new site.
With that in mind we created a new role that has permissions slightly higher than "Content Editor" but significantly lower than "Administrator".

The new role is able to create repository item collections and digital document metadata.
The problem occurs that the digital documents do not get their derivatives generated.
Also, the link to the pdf does not work - file cannot be found.

We could obviously provide higher permissions to this new role but would prefer not to.

Any suggestions would be appreciated..

ysu...@berklee.edu

May 1, 2024, 6:10:31 PMMay 1
to islandora
Hello,

Here is what I remember when I had similar issues, but I may get some things wrong.

In Islandora 2 to be able to write to Fedora, where your PDF "original file" is being stored, you need to give the individual Drupal users the Drupal "role" of "fedoraAdmin." Also, this fedoraAdmin role allows you to write related file metadata to Fedora behind the scenes.

This is mentioned in the docs here...
You will also need to have a Drupal role that already has Drupal permission assigned to that role that allows it to make changes to Drupal "media." I forget the exact Drupal permissions off the top of my head. Then assign that specific Drupal role the student worker user account, this will then allow the user to be able to create the other derivatives.

Hope this helps,
Yamil

gi...@shaw.ca

May 24, 2024, 4:46:59 PMMay 24
to islandora
I tried content editor and fedora admin and did nto get option to add Islandora objects. Will keep digging.
Thanks