Summer of Islandora - June Recap

Arran Griffith

Jul 6, 2021, 2:20:03 PM7/6/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com, Islandora Community, fedora-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
Last week we kicked off the first installment of the Summer of Islandora. We had a very successful day with some great presentations and lots of engagement throughout the whole time slot. These sessions are planned to continue through the next 2 months during our regularly scheduled Open Meeting time slots (the last Tuesday of each Month).

I wanted to take a moment to share the video recordings of the presentation portions of the day, as well as links to the slides from each presenter:
Danny Lamb, Intro to ISLE https://youtu.be/A99Qa3uAJkY

Mark Jordan, Intro to Islandora Workbench https://youtu.be/bHMPsbYG-4c

Seth Shaw, Linked Agents & Taxonomies https://youtu.be/min8dn_tJ3s

During the event we also asked participants to take a moment to drop some ideas onto a JamBoard so we can use this info to guide us in planning for the future events. We would love to gather your ideas so please feel free to access the JamBoard here to submit your ideas.

If you missed us in June, please feel free to join us again this month on July 27, 2021 from 10:00am-2:00pm Eastern where we will be taking a deeper dive into some of the topics discussed in June. Stay tuned for more details and schedule of events.

Hope to see even more faces out at the July session!

Cheers,
Arran Griffith
---
Islandora Foundation