Needed: Help with the Starter Site.

Rosie Le Faive

Dec 4, 2022, 12:01:35 PM12/4/22
to islandora
We have a fantastically powerful codebase. Let's show it off!

The Starter Site is our "new Defaults". It's a collaborative, best-practices demonstration/implementation of Islandora. And right now it's in the state of a freshly tilled, composted garden. We've got to get something planted, stat!

I have lots of ideas and a semblance of a plan. But I need people to configure, strategize, brainstorm, review, and really help shape and grow this starter site. Can you spend an hour or so a week for the next couple months? I want to make:

  • something that really highlights the capabilities of Islandora.
  • something that, with demo content in it, looks and feels like a desirable repository.
    • and appeals to both digital collections and IR users.
  • something that is an excellent starting point for creating your repository.
    • when installed without the demo content, still looks and feels like an "empty" repository that you can add into.
    • Has good settings that you could adapt, or use as-is to start adding content.
    • saves a lot of time for new implementers.
  • something that learns from the experience of the community, and is dynamically evolving.
Reply or ping me on Slack!

Kirsta Stapelfeldt

Dec 4, 2022, 2:02:12 PM12/4/22
to islandora