Deprecation of carapace

comm...@islandora.ca

Oct 14, 2022, 12:14:40 PM10/14/22
to islandora
Hello Islandora,

As the Carapace theme has not received substantive code updates in 3 years, and is not (to our knowledge) being actively used in the community, the Islandora TAG has decided to officially deprecate carapace to formalize its current abandoned status. As a deprecated component, carapace will not get any new features or bug fixes.

This component will be marked on all platforms as deprecated, and the repository will be moved to the Islandora-Deprecated organization.

If you are currently running Carapace, we suggest that you change to a different theme. Carapace may include outdated components which may expose you to security risks. While your site will not stop working, you will receive messages about Carapace’s deprecation in your admin pages and through Composer.

Thank you,
Isabella (on behalf of the Islandora TAG)