Changing Islandora's default branch in Github

Danny Lamb

Jul 9, 2021, 11:03:34 AM7/9/21
to islandora
Hey Everyone,

We've been having issues with packagist not delivering the latest Islandora code.  Despite being set to auto-update, it does not, and that requires me to push the update button manually with every commit.

The only difference I can see between the Islandora module and all the other code we deploy with packagist is that this module is both 7.x and 8+, and the default branch is still 7.x.  I'm going to try turning the default branch to 8 to see if it alleviates this.  It's still speculation on my part, but I need to test this and I can always easily put it back.  If you rely on the default branch being 7.x, THIS IS A HEADS UP.  I'm tinkering around and if your builds magically start failing, it's probably me.... and you should probably explicitly declare 7.x in your build scripts 😅

Anyway, if this messes with you, let me know.

--
- Daniel Lamb

Tech Lead
Islandora Foundation