"Islandora Advanced Search" is deprecated; use "Advanced Search".

Rosie Le Faive

Jul 27, 2023, 3:13:28 PM7/27/23
to islandora
The submodule of Islandora called "Islandora Advanced Search" is being deprecated [per TAG meeting notes where it was decided]. It is being replaced by the independent "Advanced Search" module. This module includes all the code that was in Islandora Advanced Search, and also contains some additional features (including better use of edismax search).

The Islandora Advanced Search submodule will remain in the islandora module's 2.x branch but will be marked deprecated. It will be removed in Islandora 3.x.

To get the current Advanced Search module, use `composer require drupal/advanced_search`. (not a typo; this will download it from its new location on Drupal.org).

Unfortunately there is no way to convert your block placement and other configuration options from Islandora Advanced Search to Advanced Search. If you need help porting your setup, please contact the #support channel on Slack. I sent a query out earlier, and I am not aware of anyone actively using Islandora Advanced Search.

Rosie
(member of TAG)

Rosie Le Faive

Jul 27, 2023, 4:15:56 PM7/27/23
to islandora
I forgot to add links, but the new Advanced Search module is