Seeking expressions of interest in part-time leadership position within the Islandora Foundation

Mark Jordan

Jul 26, 2022, 1:56:36 PM7/26/22
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

The Islandora Foundation is seeking Expressions of Interest in a new position, the Director of Operational Strategy, to help lead the community and Foundation over the next year. This 35-hour/month position will receive a monthly stipend of $2200 (Canadian). The position will be reviewed at the end of the first year, along with all staffing plans for the Islandora Foundation.

Reporting to the Chair of the Islandora Foundation Board of Directors, and working closely with formal Islandora groups and committees, this position's  key responsibilities include:

  • Implementing changes in the Islandora Governance model through consensus building within the community
  • Advancing the Foundation towards a sustainable business model
  • Exploring grant opportunities for the Foundation
  • Implementing projects supported by the Board and Leadership Group
  • Overseeing the Islandora Roadmap
  • Hiring and supervising the Islandora Foundation Intern

If you are interested in this position, please let me know by August 8.

Mark

Mark Jordan
Associate Dean of Libraries, Digital Strategy
W.A.C. Bennett Library, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, V5A 1S6, Canada
Voice: 778.782.5753 / Fax: 778.782.3023
mjo...@sfu.ca

I respectfully acknowledge the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), q̓íc̓əy̓ (Katzie), and kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) Nations and peoples on whose ancestral and unceded lands the three SFU campuses are located. As a settler on these lands, I am grateful and humbled to live, work, and learn on them.

Mark Jordan

Sep 11, 2022, 11:42:21 AM9/11/22
to isla...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

The Islandora Foundation Board of Directors is pleased to share that we have appointed Kirsta Stapelfeldt as the Director of Operational Strategy, as described below, for a one-year term.

Kirsta has already been demonstrating that she can fulfill the responsibilities of this new role, as her leadership in the Islandora community over the last number of months has shown. On behalf of the Board I would like to thank Kirsta for this service to the Islandora community and very much look forward to working with her in this new formal capacity over the next year.

Mark

Sep 12, 2022, 5:42:03 AM9/12/22
to islandora
Thanks, Mark! Looking forward to continuing work with Isabella and the community -

Noah Smith

Sep 12, 2022, 9:02:26 AM9/12/22
to islandora
Congratulations and thank you, Kirsta!