Fedora DB & Flysystem

Sujay Aryal

Jun 18, 2021, 1:25:45 AM6/18/21
to islandora
Using Drupal 9.2.0 - Fedora Repository URL is not working.  http://<IP-address>:8000/fcrepo/rest/ is unavailable, cannot connect.  This is the error that is displayed.

Problems faced:

1. Due to which no media(of course no batch processing as well) is getting uploaded manually as well as through the migrate_islandora_csv module.

2. Also have tried setting up flysystem locally (Link: Flysystem Locally without migrating files) which does not work.

Carried out:

1. Have tried removing all cached codes and again set up the remote environment as per the documentation (to check whether some installations were missed or not completely configured).
Note: Links:  Out of date playbooks and Running the remote installer

2. Have already added all domains to trusted hosts in settings.php, edited all .yml files in islandora/group_vars/....various yml files.

3. Copied the code for flysystem in settings.php.

Danny Lamb

Jun 18, 2021, 9:06:04 AM6/18/21
to islandora
Hi Sujay,

I see you are trying to connect to Fedora at port 8000. Usually it's port 8080. Maybe it's as simple as that? It would explain your connection refusal errors.

Once you do get it connecting you may later run into authentication issues, but one step at a time.

--
For more information about using this group, please read our Listserv Guidelines: http://islandora.ca/content/welcome-islandora-listserv
---

Sujay Aryal

Jun 26, 2021, 6:35:30 AM6/26/21
to islandora
Hi,

Changed the port to 8080 and tried connecting yet the connection refusal error persists.

Franziska Geisser

Jun 29, 2021, 3:40:10 AM6/29/21
to islandora
Hi,

I would be interested to hear more about the "authentication issues" mentioned by Danny, and how to avoid or solve them. It happened to me several times, when I tried to run Drupal updates on my Islandora VM, that afterwards fcrepo wasn't accessible anymore (404 page not found error).

Regards,

Franziska

Sujay Aryal

Jun 29, 2021, 7:48:13 AM6/29/21
to islandora
Hi,

Did the installation of the remote environment complete successfully or there was any error in between which halted the process? If so, then the rest of the setup was skipped. Please try reinstalling by clearing the cached codes in /roles/external and run ansible command for playbook installation.

Sujay

Franziska Geisser

Jul 1, 2021, 2:32:39 AM7/1/21
to islandora
I didn't do a remote installation, I am just using the Islandora base box (without ansible) - so the behaviour might be different there.

William Conlin

Oct 18, 2021, 4:09:16 PM10/18/21
to islandora
Hi everyone,

I'm getting 401 from fedora via flysystem after doing a manual install on a vmware machine. If anyone has any thoughts, on these connection problems I'd be interested. Currently checking my postgres db...

Fedora endpoint is visible in my browser at 8080, JWT is working fine. I'm not sure why fedora is serving up 401...

Thought I would ask if anyone has any tips.
Will

Jared Whiklo

Oct 18, 2021, 4:46:36 PM10/18/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

Ensure you have a role called "fedoraAdmin" and that your user (who
wants to create an object) has that role.

That's my first guess.

cheers,
jared

--
Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com

OpenPGP_signature

William Conlin

Oct 19, 2021, 1:35:29 PM10/19/21
to islandora
Hey Jared,

Yes, I do have that role. Logged in as islandora user and have both an  "Administrator" and "fedoraAdmin" role.

Thanks again,
Will

Vlastimil Krejčíř

Nov 15, 2021, 8:15:31 AM11/15/21
to islandora
Hi all,

we have also bumped into this - Ansible remote install (dev branch), Fedora doesn't work and returns 404. There's something interesting (and SEVERE) in the logs:

Caused by: org.flywaydb.core.api.exception.FlywayValidateException: Validate fai
led: Migrations have failed validation
Detected failed repeatable migration: Create search. Please remove any half-comp
leted changes then run repair to fix the schema history.

The full log is attached.

However, we've found that this happens only when Islandora is installed on Ubuntu 18.04. Using Ubuntu 20.04 is fine.

Vlastik

Dne úterý 19. října 2021 v 19:35:29 UTC+2 uživatel wwco...@gmail.com napsal:
fulllogstacktrace.log

Jared Whiklo

Nov 15, 2021, 11:50:20 AM11/15/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vlastik,

Looks like your error is different from William's as he could access
Fedora and your's did not startup correctly. It might be (and I'm
guessing here) a difference in package names between Ubunti 18.04 and
20.04 which is causing the connection to MySQL to fail. I would check to
see if any of the Fedora database and tables were created at all first.

Let me know what you find.

cheers,
jared

--
Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com

OpenPGP_signature

Vlastimil Krejčíř

Nov 15, 2021, 1:54:27 PM11/15/21
to islandora
I've played with it for a while (upgrade to Ubuntu 20 and install the newest JDB drivers for MySQL) and there's one thing that seems to help: to drop the fcrepo database, create an empty one and start Tomcat. This works and three more tables appears:
search_rdf_type
search_resource_rdf_type
search_resource_rdf_type_transactions

So Flyway is not able to create these tables on Ubuntu 18, I guess (but don't know why).

Maybe, upgrading Ubuntu isn't necessary, I'd like to check this tomorrow.

Vlastik

Vlastimil Krejčíř

Nov 15, 2021, 2:46:46 PM11/15/21
to islandora
I have to add that I've just found that also the simple_search and simple_search_transactions tables were not created for the first time... Vlastik

Jared Whiklo

Nov 16, 2021, 9:14:35 AM11/16/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com
That is interesting, it sounds like Flyway is having some problem but
only on the first startup of Fedora when the tables are initially
created...What version of MySQL are you using?

Flyway should be just executing the SQL in this file [1] which doesn't
seem special and is executed along with all the other table creation
scripts.

cheers,
jared
[1]
https://github.com/fcrepo/fcrepo/blob/main/fcrepo-configs/src/main/resources/sql/mysql/R__Create_search.sql

--
Jared Whiklo
jwh...@gmail.com

OpenPGP_signature

Vlastimil Krejčíř

Nov 16, 2021, 11:04:03 AM11/16/21
to islandora
At that time, there was MySQL 5.7.36-0ubuntu0.18.04.1. And yes, in the logs there were complains about R__Create_search.sql.

It works fine with 8.0.27-0ubuntu0.20.04.1.

Just to put something like "Please use Ubuntu 20.04" to the https://islandora.github.io/documentation/installation/playbook/ would solve this issue. There's also deprecated
information in this document like "Then, depending on the operating system installed on the remote environment, you can use the following command for Ubuntu 16.04..." which is a bit confusing...

Vlastik

Jared Whiklo

Nov 16, 2021, 11:50:04 AM11/16/21
to isla...@googlegroups.com
I agree there is some work around the documentation. Especially for the
playbook which has various uses.

In this case the issue is not Ubuntu 18.04 but the version of MySQL it
installs. We should be better about explaining that Fedora expects

* PostgresQL 12.3
* MariaDB 10.5.3
* MySQL 8.0

So if you are using Ubuntu 18.04 but install MySQL 8 then you should not
have a problem.

cheers,
jared

--